Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FortecStar 5100 Ultra
FortecStar LifeTime Classic
My Location
belfast
my experiences:

i have dragon cam rev 3.02 and fortec star 5100 ultra
the Dragon CAM has NEVER worked properly since i got the system 5 weeks ago.

I can view PPV shannels for about 15 mins then when i switch channels i lose them. the only way to get the channels back is to either

i) switch off the receiver and turn back on

or

ii) eject the CAM from the receiver and reinsert.

When I finally got through to Wizard ( after about 2 days of engaged tones or just ringing out ) they said it was a known fault.

under their advice i updated my system

with help from Llew on this website i updated my system to the following:

Al7bar CI+ultra Al7bar 2.40 boot ver 6.1

but still getting the same problems.

In my opinion the dragon CAM is a complete DUD.

the support for it in practially non existent.

even the discussion board on the dragon cam website has been down for over a week now.

loftyj

Reaction score
Why blame the Dragon cam for somthing that has to do with your reciver. when I started my apprentiship nearly 60years agow Iwas told do your research and then ask befor commiting yourself, that way you will not be able to blame the tools if you get it wrong, only yourself.
Have had my Dragon cam for two months and it has given me no problems, just load to reciver and switch to channel required.
Case Closed.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
ciarank said:
my experiences:

i have dragon cam rev 3.02 and fortec star 5100 ultra
the Dragon CAM has NEVER worked properly since i got the system 5 weeks ago.

I can view PPV shannels for about 15 mins then when i switch channels i lose them. the only way to get the channels back is to either

i) switch off the receiver and turn back on

or

ii) eject the CAM from the receiver and reinsert.

When I finally got through to Wizard ( after about 2 days of engaged tones or just ringing out ) they said it was a known fault.

under their advice i updated my system

with help from Llew on this website i updated my system to the following:

Al7bar CI+ultra Al7bar 2.40 boot ver 6.1

but still getting the same problems.

In my opinion the dragon CAM is a complete DUD.

the support for it in practially non existent.

even the discussion board on the dragon cam website has been down for over a week now.

Ciarank, sell your Dragon on Ebay. A patched Fortec CI5100 doesn't need a Cam. There may be confliction problems using one.
Go back to Boot ver. 5. I have no problems with this version and latest patch.

Llew

ianl

Reaction score
Just got Dragon cam its version 3.01 are they all the same or does it need updating and also its not come with Dragon Loader Card as shown, its a Fun7
Prussian Galaxy 5 why would I be sent that card instead of the original loader
card I thought that was for loading module im only just getting into cams so not
got much hands on only what ive read on various forums. Is the fun 7 the same or do I need to get a dragon loader card as well.Ive noticed its cheaper than an
original loader beginning to wish id gone for a Matrix Cam now.Thanks in advance

ciarank

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FortecStar 5100 Ultra
My Location
belfast
loftyj said:
Why blame the Dragon cam for somthing that has to do with your reciver. when I started my apprentiship nearly 60years agow Iwas told do your research and then ask befor commiting yourself, that way you will not be able to blame the tools if you get it wrong, only yourself.
Have had my Dragon cam for two months and it has given me no problems, just load to reciver and switch to channel required.
Case Closed.
my receiver works perfect without dragon CAM. insert dragon CAM in receiver and my receiver stops working.

where do you think the problem lies einstein?

McChelski

Reaction score
Never had a problem myself. Bought it a month or so ago, followed the instructions and hasn't failed me since. (I'm using a Humax 5400). Easy to use. Only problem is that the dragon web site is not being updated and the firmware support appears to have gone on a long sabbatical.:-beer
Now we've all lost Taquilla and C+D we could do with them reappearing with an update.

If anyone really knows what the situation is could they let us know.:-righton
(Guessing the reason is not much use)

loftyj

Reaction score
@ian1

The Dragon loader card is a Fun 7. Mine says fun 7 Dragon Loader card, there is a small a in the middle of the chip treat it as dragon loader card.

dmm

Reaction score
dragon cam / gbsat 2CI0 receiver - no problems here - always something to watch - need to be prepared to point dish at different sources - i have heard of issues with a minority of receivers .....

loftyj

Reaction score
Hi Ciarank Quote

my receiver works perfect without dragon CAM. insert dragon CAM in receiver and my receiver stops working.

Llew gave you answer two hours befor you posted, conflict of interest, reciver is looking at two identical progames at the same time and can-not make up its mind which to use.

loftyj

Reaction score
@McChelski

If anyone really knows what the situation is could they let us know.:-righton
(Guessing the reason is not much use)

Have not seen any updated firmware or software for any cam or files yet for this problem the Guy's that produce this for us (bless um) have to find out just what the ECM is befor that can try and hack it.

dynamo985

Reaction score
dmm said:
dragon cam / gbsat 2CI0 receiver - no problems here - always something to watch - need to be prepared to point dish at different sources - i have heard of issues with a minority of receivers .....
same setup same success :D

ciarank

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FortecStar 5100 Ultra
My Location
belfast
loftyj said:
Hi Ciarank Quote

Llew gave you answer two hours befor you posted, conflict of interest, reciver is looking at two identical progames at the same time and can-not make up its mind which to use.
it is not conflict of interest.

CAM does not work properly if i have no AL7bar sw installed, i.e with factory default settings.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Many of the multi CAMs have problems when used with particular receivers, there are threads dedicated to what works and what doesnt. Its not entirely unexpected that the Dragon CAM also has its share of love / hate relationships with particular receivers.

If you are really unable to resolve the issue with the conflict, why not take it up with the supplier of the CAM ? Thay are the ones with your money.

loftyj

Reaction score
@ciarank

Do not know this reciver but Llew seem to know it, and from reading the replys he has posted, it is one of the latest all singing all dancing recivers that there is no need for a seperate cam to decode the channles, hence the conflict of interest.
Put it another way if you have a car that can use both petrol and gas you have to switch from one to the other, you are not able to use them at the same time.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
loftyj said:
@ciarank

Do not know this reciver but Llew seem to know it, and from reading the replys he has posted, it is one of the latest all singing all dancing recivers that there is no need for a seperate cam to decode the channles, hence the conflict of interest.
Put it another way if you have a car that can use both petrol and gas you have to switch from one to the other, you are not able to use them at the same time.

I should qualify my statement that the Fortec model being discussed has problems using a Cam with a patched receiver - mine works perfectly well with an Aston and/or a Joker Cam. The problem appears to be with the Dragon. Not having one myself, I can't speculate on why Ciarank's Dragon doesn't like his receiver. As CH says, best to take it up with the supplier.

Llew

ciarank

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FortecStar 5100 Ultra
My Location
belfast
loftyj said:
@ciarank

as i said previously :

CAM does not work properly if i have no AL7bar sw installed, i.e with factory default settings

what i am saying is that even if I am using the dragon CAM in my receiver with no additional software from any third party - it still does not work properly.

I am not trying to use both Al7bar SW and the dragon CAM at the same time.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately it may be one of those incompatibility issues, couldn't get certain versions of MR working with a Hyundai, but other versions worked fine. Don't suppose that you've managed to check the Dragon on another receiver?

ciarank

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FortecStar 5100 Ultra
My Location
belfast
rolfw said:
Unfortunately it may be one of those incompatibility issues, couldn't get certain versions of MR working with a Hyundai, but other versions worked fine. Don't suppose that you've managed to check the Dragon on another receiver?
does seem very much like an incompatibility issue doesn't it.

bit p**sed off as it was the set up of CAM/receiver recommended by my supplier ( wizard ).
will call them and see what they propose to do to rectify the situation.

unfortunately i am unable to test the CAM in another receiver.

thx

Reaction score
hi all

i am a satellite genius living in spain. i fit all sorts of cams with xcam topping the list with least faults followed by matrix, dragoncam following in a 3rd. i currently am running dragoncam and no TPS!!