Dragon Cam setup driving me mental !!!

whizzwilly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600 IP, 1m dish, 0.3 lnb, 36v Jaegar H-H mount, Dragon Cam 4, dynamite programmer, Dell Dimension 8400 3Mhz 160Gb
My Location
Rochdale
Hi

Just bought a Dragon cam, loader and dynamite programmer.

No software CD came with this by mistake, i contacted vendor who told me to log on to duolabs and download the CIS471.exe file which i have done.

I ran setup file without programmer connected and then inserted hardware and told it where i installed drivers but no driver found message appeared ( i am using windows XP). I then downloaded the jungo driver 622 and eventually the PC found the driver.

When i launch the Dynamite program it says CAS 2 Interface connected but when i click on phoenix icon it says "Add On Neded" . I have followed lofty's post step by step and i can't get any further.

Do i also need to connect a serial cable ( and hence the error message ) or is it something else ?

This is just typical of how my week has been !!

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

caretaker

Reaction score
Yes You Need A Serial Cable If You Want To Use It In Pheonix Mode

loftyj

Reaction score
* wizzwilly
To load Dragon Cam using Dynamite and Predator.
1) go to www.durolabs.com Dynamite downloads
2) Download Jungo drivers 6.21
3) Download Dynamite set up 2.5
4) Put both into same folder and unzip this will put drivers where they need to be and should put an icon in your start menu Dynamite 2.5
5) Download Preditor software I put mine in same folder unzip
6) Plug Dragon into UBS port
7)Open Dynamite and on home page click Phoenix and change to 6Mgh mode.
8)Now you can put Loader card in programmer
8)Go back to home page << at top of page
9)Click on Dragon
10)open predator software , bottom left
11) Click write to.
Card should now be loaded Put card Dragon Cam, set reciver on FTA channel
Inisiate via reciver menu when reciver says loaded switch off reciver at wall, remove card and switch on reciver again Cam will now be stand alone unit, so put card in safe place untill next time required

PS.This is for DYNAMITE PROGRAMMER, NOT CAS Programmer
Make sure which one you have, the software you have downloaded is for Cas.
When you open Dynamite the page should say Dynamite not cas

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Good point loftyj. The jungo drivers 622 are for the CAS2 interface and if it is that it needs the add-on and dummy card to program the dragon.

whizzwilly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600 IP, 1m dish, 0.3 lnb, 36v Jaegar H-H mount, Dragon Cam 4, dynamite programmer, Dell Dimension 8400 3Mhz 160Gb
My Location
Rochdale
Thanks guys

Do i still need a 9pin male to 9pin female serial cable though to program or is the USB connection on its own enough ? The Dynamite manual says i do need a serial cable for the ISO mode (smartmouse/phoenix)

What is the dummy card that jimbo mentioned ?

loftyj said:
* wizzwilly
To load Dragon Cam using Dynamite and Predator.
1) go to www.durolabs.com Dynamite downloads
2) Download Jungo drivers 6.21
3) Download Dynamite set up 2.5
4) Put both into same folder and unzip this will put drivers where they need to be and should put an icon in your start menu Dynamite 2.5
5) Download Preditor software I put mine in same folder unzip
6) Plug Dragon into UBS port
7)Open Dynamite and on home page click Phoenix and change to 6Mgh mode.
8)Now you can put Loader card in programmer
8)Go back to home page << at top of page
9)Click on Dragon
10)open predator software , bottom left
11) Click write to.
Card should now be loaded Put card Dragon Cam, set reciver on FTA channel
Inisiate via reciver menu when reciver says loaded switch off reciver at wall, remove card and switch on reciver again Cam will now be stand alone unit, so put card in safe place untill next time required

PS.This is for DYNAMITE PROGRAMMER, NOT CAS Programmer
Make sure which one you have, the software you have downloaded is for Cas.
When you open Dynamite the page should say Dynamite not cas

loftyj

Reaction score
Hi whizzwilly
It sounds as If your vendor has supplied you with Cas 2 programmer not a Dynamite, and has I have never had the cas programmer unable to help very much. I have read on forum someware that to program Dynamite with Cas you need both cables as Cas requires voltage from serial port. Dynamite gets voltage from UBS.
Differance is in loading software Cas uses CIS471, Dynamite uses 2.6 set up, both now use same drivers jungo 622.
the Dynamite is in plastic box 4" by 3.125" with USB and serial connectors alongside one another at opposite side to card slot.

whizzwilly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
Hi lofty

It is definitely a Dynamite programmer and is as u described it ( measurement & connectors )

I downloaded the Dynamite 2.6 software & Jungo drivers as per your links and installed it. The software side all now seems OK but I still need to know if i need the serial cable to program the dragon loader card or can it be done using just the USB connection.

Thanks

loftyj said:
Hi whizzwilly
It sounds as If your vendor has supplied you with Cas 2 programmer not a Dynamite, and has I have never had the cas programmer unable to help very much. I have read on forum someware that to program Dynamite with Cas you need both cables as Cas requires voltage from serial port. Dynamite gets voltage from UBS.
Differance is in loading software Cas uses CIS471, Dynamite uses 2.6 set up, both now use same drivers jungo 622.
the Dynamite is in plastic box 4" by 3.125" with USB and serial connectors alongside one another at opposite side to card slot.

welshboy

Reaction score
My Location
Wales
You don't need a serial to program a dragon loader card, only usb. On 2.6 software under OS menu there should be a dragon loader program within the software.
I've used dynamite and never used a serial cable.

whizzwilly said:
Hi lofty

It is definitely a Dynamite programmer and is as u described it ( measurement & connectors )

I downloaded the Dynamite 2.6 software & Jungo drivers as per your links and installed it. The software side all now seems OK but I still need to know if i need the serial cable to program the dragon loader card or can it be done using just the USB connection.

Thanks

whizzwilly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
Hi lofty

Thank you for reply. I followed your instructions and everything works OK now. It all seems so easy when you know how ! I ended up buying a serial cable on the off chance i needed it only £6.50 what a waste !!

I had a quick play about last night on various satellites and noticed the following which puzzles me.

I thought the dragon cam was supposed to unlock most channels but i noticed the following encryption types were not unlocking maybe you could shed some light.

On 30W - Nagravision on some channels ( Via digital )
On 1W - All conax is black screen
On 13E - some channels encrypted in just irdeto or mediaguard were not unlocking ??

Do i need to do anything else to unlock these encryption types or is it a case of waiting for new predator release. My version is predator 2.30

Thanks

QUOTE=loftyj]Hi wizzwilly
see private message

loftyj[/QUOTE]

loftyj

Reaction score
hi whizzwilly
Glad you are sorted out. I have changed a few keys (when I could get them) via the conditional access but most of the time have waited for the new predator to appear.
can't help with Navravision have no line of sight that far west to many trees in way.
Conax is down at moment, as for other encryptions there seem to be no rhyme or reason that some channels will open and others will not, keys not public I think.
Did a list of what would open acouple of months agow. but lost it when son appeard has I was having trouble with computer, called his dad silly old bugger (not far wrong) and wiped disc clean and then reloaded. so will have to start at 42E and try again.

olgasarse

Reaction score
Yeah, I get the same. A few channels are unlocked, the rest blank.
I thought it was just me, but reading your post I don't think the Dragon is all it's cracked up to be.
I presume other modules are the same ?
Now that a lot of the sites have closed down, I'm beginning to think I should have stuck with FTA and saved a heap of cash.

loftyj

Reaction score
Hi whizzwilly
Have spent part of the afternoon having a look at Hotbird and it appears that a fair number of the transponders are using two or three encryptions for the transmissions and I know that some of the keys required are not in the public domain.
I did a count of the one I have loaded on my reciver and found 39 FTA channels, and 74 of the 230 or so encripted were opening. a lot of the rest are Italian, and we lost them about 3 months ago with a code change that is proving a hard nut to crack.
You will find when you start hunting there are load of other stations that are open from 45E to 45W.

* olgasarse
Remember this is a hoby, ok so it gives us TV on the cheap and we don't have to pay Ruperts sky high prices, but with that comes the knowledge that we are going to get black screen every so often untill the real experts manage to sort it out for us. To most of them this is there hoby as well, it only the odd few that try to make money out of it and cause problems For the webb sights that the keys are posted on.

brianmacdee

Reaction score
My Location
N Derbyshire
reply to loftyj and wizzwilly - i bought a dynamite prog/dragon cam 2 days ago and l am totally confused likewise. i downloaded jungo 622 drivers and dragonloader.exe and have had no luck at all. My receiver(Force 2055) keeps saying " the image is not valid". Where are Predator files, please? the sites/links seem to be down. Where are jungo 6.21 driver? Why is this all so terribly difficult? I've waited 10 months since buying my Rx in the hope of gaining better comprehension and seeing the gear mature but I'm still confused (must be my age, 69) brianmacdee

loftyj

Reaction score
HI brianmacdee
If you follow the first post I gave wizzwilly in this thread it should work. I have just noticed that the Drivers and Dynamite set up I gave should be jungo 622 and Dynamite 2.6.
The latest Predator 232 files are on Fookfiles.com or toecutters.
working fine C***x and tps fine.
Remember you must put the Dynamite into 6MGh mode befor you put the loader card in so there is no chance of it auto detecting.
Do not know the Force reciver so unable to help with how you load cam to reciver. Just make sure the card is in the cam the right way up.
If you are still in trouble come back.

At our age never admit to being confused its just a slight laps of memory.

brianmacdee

Reaction score
My Location
N Derbyshire
tried v hard not to make a mistake, but something went wrong. Deleted all the old files (Jungo 6.22 and Dynamite2.6); downloaded new ones from fookfiles; got the latest Predator 2.33; went through Loftyj's script step by step - all seemed fine. Put cam + loader card (a Fun7, by the by) in RX, it loaded successfully. Switched off at wall, removed loader card; waited 5 mins, switched on and then - cam was not listed!!!! Why ???? Can anyone help, please??? Might I have messed up the card by trying several times with Dragonload.exe yesterday - also tried to used the repair function on the Dynamite progger. Weep for me. But i won't give up - cost too much money!!

loftyj

Reaction score
Hi brianmacdee
Was having a laps of memory when I wrote the how to.
The Dragon loader card is a Fun 7 so no problem there, what I forgot to put in how to was the fact that when you are using Dynamite you unzip Predator and you should get a file Predator233.dra and this is the one you load the card with not Predator.exe. It should overwrite without trouble.
By the way with the echostar all I do is pull the plug at the wall and plug it straight in again. let us know how you get on.