Dragon Cam

Yeshi

My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Bloke at the chinese shop bought a motorised system.. paid about £1700 for it.. anyway the bloke who fitted it put a dragon cam in the box.. he said he would update the cam for 1 year .. this isnt the case.. he never came back.. he also changed numbers and has disapeared lol..

Anyway

what would i need to get his cam updated again.. never seen a dragon.. he says he has some sort of card??

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Yeshi,
all you need to update a Dragon Cam is a loader card, either a Fun 7 or a PIC based card, which usually comes with the Cam, and a suitable card programmer.
If you haven't already got a programmer, there are a wide selection to choose from, at differing prices:
The newer ones can program all cards using just a USB connection, these include the newest infinity and Adteknik models, but if you have a dedicated Com port, on your computer/laptop then the Infinity/Phoenix still works well, otherwise go for the Infinity Unlimited or the Adteknik 3.6 models.
Best wishes
Mickha

Yeshi

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
I have a clanzer minisdk.. and a clanzer Pheonix .

He said he had a card so i will go pop round to his shop later :)

Cheers for the info matey :)

stealthpirate

My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super (upstairs), Phoenix Apollo MC (downstairs) both running off a cheapo 80cm dish with a twin output monoblock 13° & 19.2°. Sky+ (downstairs) piped 'round the house.
My Location
Yorkshire
Yeshi said:
Bloke at the chinese shop bought a motorised system.. paid about £1700 for it..
LOL!, no wonder it's nearly a tenner for a takeawayO-Ha

Yeshi

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
yeah he was rinsed and put out to dry lol

anyway he gave me the cam.. he cant find the loader card :( i have loads of fun6's and a atmegawith the face on the front.. any opf them any good or would i need a fun 7 or a pic card like mentioned above :)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Yeshi,
you'll need a fun 7 or Dragon Loader PIC card, and a programmer capable of handling the large files.
Best wishes
Mickha