Dragon + Echostar 890

jaimea

Reaction score
I'm testing the Dragon (P/N 8105/2004/002) in two Echostar 890 receivers and note the following:

1. Occasionally picture freezes for several seconds but then restores itself OK. This happens on all providers (such as T*S and Sl*).

2. Occasionally coloured digital patterns (noise) appear in the picture momentarily and then disappear. There is plenty of signal here.

3. When changing channels, more times than not the message 'Sevice not available' appears requiring a remote power off/on. At times this can get to be rather aggravating.

When using a MRev cam, none of the above problems occur so one must deduce that the problems are due to the Dragon software (Predator 3.04).

My question is this: Is anyone else experiencing these types of problems? If so, have you found a solution?

jaxom

Reaction score
I recently bought an Echostar 890 and when I asked about cams the guy in the shop said that I'd be better off with a M R'd as Drgn did not work well with the 890. Now I have a MR'd with an M2 but can't seem to use it for anything other than C*n*x and that isn't on anymore!