Dream box? which one should i buy?

Curtis96x

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Laptop
My Location
England
Well I'm not even sure what a dreambox is. Got to start somewhere.
Do dream box's decrypt channels?
I have a sky subscription, but if i got a dreambox could i use that and get all channels such as movie, sports, documentaries, entertainment?

TSD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tandberg
Dreambox 600
Pace HD
Gilbertini 1.5M
My Location
Mijas Spain
I bought an original. Unless your a real techie don't bother with clones.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Curtis96x said:
I have a sky subscription, but if i got a dreambox could i use that and get all channels such as movie, sports, documentaries, entertainment?
Yes, it will decrypt channels that you are paying for. It uses a piece of software called a softcam. Once you load and configure the softcam, you place your subscription card in the card slot and then you can view all the channels that you pay for under your subscription plan.

zorbua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD
Dreambox 800se
Dreambox 900UHD
Clark Tech 5000 HD
Numerous other receivers (Retired)
Dish Gibertini 1.5 M
Dishes Gibertini 1.2 x2
Dish Gibertini 1 M
My Location
Malta
Just to air my opinion there are the HD and non HD Dreamboxes I would go for the HD ones since nowadays we have these LCD's and LED's TV's which make use of the HD Format. The Non HD's are the DB 500 (if you can find one) and the DB 600PVR. The HD ones are the DB 8000HD, DB800HD, DB 500HD, DB800se, and still to come out DB7020HD. If you are interested in the HD ones I would personally go to for the DB 800se because its the latest and has all the required modifications from the previous ones BUT pricey, as all Dreamboxes infact are. These DB's are all Originals not Clones.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Curtis96x said:
Well I'm not even sure what a dreambox is. Got to start somewhere.

1) Yes BUT ONLY if you have a suitable subscription

2)You get what you pay for and no more

A Linux receiver is a high end enthusiasts receiver, and unless you are willing to spend weeks tinkering and poking around "under the bonnet" dont bother with one.

If you are expecting to get all the pay channels for free forget it - this doesnt happen any longer - you missed the boat by at least 3 years :D.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Or if you want HD you could go out and buy something Like a Vu+ Solo, Vu+ Duo, Technomate TM800, Q-Box mini, or ClarkTech ET9000. There is also the IPBox range from ABCom to consider :D

If its SD there is also the Technomate Range, TM9100, TM600, & TM500 Super.

Why everyone thinks the Dreambox is some sort of mistical box that opens everything is totally beyond me.

There are also other boxes as listed below which are better value for money and in some cases better built than anything Dream Multimedia have made.

Also a lot of the afore mentioned boxes also have extremely good support if you know where to find it :D

Nano