Dream Up say "is not a dreambox"

jbesclapez75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nothing yet!
My Location
UK
Hi! I am using DreamUp v 1.3.1.1 (downloaded this morning) and I can ping my Dreambox 500S. My PC ipconfig is: 192.168.1.107 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.2 as Gateway The Box is at 192.168.1.111 (same subnet) I am trying to use DreamUp to upload a new image to the box but i get this message: "There is something alive with the IP 192.168.1.111 in your network which is not a dreambox. DreamUp may not work properly." I bought the dreambox second hand yesterday. So I am new to dreambox world. Not to sat world or IT :-) Why is DreamUp not working? Is it because it is a "Too recent" version? As someone got a version of Dreambox 500S working, if yes which version are you using!? Thanks for your help guys...

dago

Reaction score
hi m8, why dont you try useing flaswizzard, i have use it many
times on both my dreamboxes with no problems.
regards.

jbesclapez75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nothing yet!
My Location
UK
Thanks for your prompt answer dago.

I would like to install a gemini image and it is specified that the upload has only been tested with DreamUp. That is why. Am I being paranoid?

FYI, I installed an official image from dreambox this morning using a serial cable with DreamUp... Maybe I could upload using the serial cable again... Should I?

jbesclapez75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nothing yet!
My Location
UK
I found it on: _http://www.oozoon.de/main_en.html

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Are you using a null modem cable (not a serial cable)?

Have you checked that your box is not a fake? Search may find the details on how to find this or the Dreambox website may also have details (MAC address?).

DreamUP doesn't use IP addresses - you're using a null modem cable.