BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
prof said:
Not far off Gameboy apart from weiss = white.
I can only assume that hingucker(?) weiss display can only mean f***ing awsome white display.
ROFLMAO!!!! I've been jumping around this thread and read everybody else's translation first.... But I much prefer yours!

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
Thnx for relaying that.
I'll give it a try when the dreambox arrives.

btw
when I bought a dBox1 in '97, I am sure it was sold as a "dreambox". Anyone else remember?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
haggard said:
Thnx for relaying that.
I'll give it a try when the dreambox arrives.

Let me know how you get on - anything else Mac / DreamBox information would be appreciated.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Dunno mate, I would think a modification by the seller (sounds like a dealer if he gives out the mnandatory 2 years warranty)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
haggard said:
T_J

I

T_J, can you please direct me to a place where I can read, English or German, macht nichts, precisely what to do with the dreambox 7000 when it arrives on my doorstep in a few days. I mean I know the manual tells me how to switch it on, I have a copy already, but I will need a tuorial on next steps. I didnt buy it to watch ARD1.

(PS Prof in Cheshire. Are you a real Prof? I am.)
:cool:

Hi Haggis
I go to I-have-a-dreambox.com for all the Images, keys and the rest. They are a friendly bunch, and have stable board images for 7000 ready to go. They got a whole "How-to" download section. So if you can read German that's a good place to start. I think there are some more listed in the Idiot guide (but then you are a Prof and would not need to read this like the rest of us :D )

Regarding the warranty issue: If you bought it in Germany and you got a receipt you have 2 years warranty like the rest of us, Englaender!

P.S The order on this thread has gone completely bonkers O-Ha

prof

Reaction score
My Location
In the spare room.
@Haggard I'm the arch enemy of Sherlock Holmes
@BG, Cheers mate but, I must be becoming more computer literate, because my spelling is going to sh*t. (left the e out of awesome.) Also my typing is so slow that TG was actually offline when I started my translation.
@TG Bist du Deutsch, oder Englaender?

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
Thnx for that.
I am a humble prof and accept that in many things, everyone else knows more than I do. I had 4 students from Aachen RWTH not long ago, they were so good I let them run the tutorials. Learnt a lot that year.
I have bought drbx in Germany and hope I never have to rely on 2 yr warranty. dBox1 is running better than the day I bought it 7 or 8 yrs ago and the Force 1122S (S = stupid) that I got in a moment of weakness, defies all my efforts to fry it. I let my cat sleep on it.

I'll be trying dreambox onto our new Apple Xserves to see how QT streaming works. We did a pilot in June/July and streamed Euro2004 to our team members working o'seas. Have to keep quite abt that for obvious reasons . . . . .

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha

A bit of spelling errors is always a good source of fun. And to be hones, I would be the last one to be throwing spelling rocks in this glassy forum...I am lost without a spell checker. That goes for German and English...

About the question if I am German or Englaender I suppose you have to ask if both teams meet at the world cup final, who will I support?
And I think this answer is clear :D !