neildee250

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500-S
Colosseum
1.1M Dish
My Location
Manchester UK
I am a total newbie to dreambox yet have it set up on a card share, the only problem is getting the box to stream to my Pc. Here's what I have.

Dreambox 500-s with colosseum
P4 3.2 on Belkin wireless G plus mimo router on win 2k (ethernet hardwired)
VLC player

I have looked at and followed a few different step by step guides trying to hook this up but to no avail.

If someone that has a similar setup or more brain cells than me could help, I would really appreciate this, as through colosseum all I have seen is a blue screen and cannot seem to get VLC to interact.

Anyway, if you have answers, please understand that I could rewire your house with a chick with a big head wrapped around me and blocking my view but this has got me stumped. Don't know which settings need adjusting or if a teabag will sort it out on its own (do you see yet)

I really appreciate your 10,000 word essay with colourful pictures and pointy arrows 'n' stuff.

Thanks for reading and grassy arse for any help
ps. nd.electrical*ntlworld.com if this is better for you to explain
Neil :*)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Welcome to the forum.

1. Post in the appropriate section. FAQs is obviously NOT the correct section, newbie or not.
2. Read the Rules again. No email addresses.

Please read The Guide thoroughly to check if your question is covered. "Search" is also useful.