Dreambox 500s fails on flashing.

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu uno, VU Duo2, sky dish, 2 zone 2 dishes for 19.2 and 23.5. Satlink meter, rover STCeu meter. Tripod with a dish for messing around.
My Location
North West England
Hi

My dreambox 500s was starting to play up, getting very sluggy and signal was not locking on all the time.

I decided to reflash the image which was the PLI Jade. I plugged it in and opened up dreamup. i flashe erased no problem then i chose my fresh image and clicked flash. after about 15 seconds it says aborted by user (i didnt abort it)

Any ideas on what is going on here?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
From the eratic symptoms you describe it sounds like the MTTF (mean time to failure) of the EEprom may have been reached, not uncommon with Chinese produced equipment. Have you tried disconnecting everything including lnb before flashing again? Have you powered down completely and left for a couple of hours?

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu uno, VU Duo2, sky dish, 2 zone 2 dishes for 19.2 and 23.5. Satlink meter, rover STCeu meter. Tripod with a dish for messing around.
My Location
North West England
Fixed this issue, i used an older version of Dreamup. Found this on another forum.

Thanks chaps.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
If it's not too large a file could you upload it here for the benefit of anyone else suffering the same problem?

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
This query helped me as I had the same problem. Found a good older version of DreamUP for others to download.

besiwave5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
yesvvv
My Location
uk
i have a dm500 i can't flash with rs232 and ftp ,i try to putty (now booting the kernel) how can i upload the image. i used dream up all version but nothing happens . somwhere i read only way is with jtag cable , have another way to flash this dm.any ideas,