Bucki

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 500s
My Location
UK
Dear AnalogueSat

You could have easely explained your reasons
whithout having to lock the topic cos now i had to open a new one.

Anyway, as I said, I am a newbie towards satelites etc.
As you mentioned, if that guy get cought (HOW though???)
then all his private clients get busted too ???? (including my oncle??)

Appart from that, I had quick browser and that CCC thingy seems to be like a server ... in other words the CCC gives the oppertunity to anyone who has the nowhow to actualy make that server for himself and whether he shares with others ... thats a different matter.

Alll I wanted to make clear was on which way that guy has done it!?

When you share your card (card sharing) can it be only 1 person to share with
or as many as you wish ?! (then again, would that be ilegal then?)

Thanks and sorry if I bother you

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I did explain my reasons - you were specifically asking about pay servers. As I said any discussions of these are absolutely not permitted on this forum, so I closed the thread

If you want to know about basic card sharing then settle down for several hours reading - all the info you require is right here on the forum - no-one is going to hold your hand and show you the techniques in exact detail, if for no other reason anyone providing too much info could be liable to arrest in the UK, and possibly lead to the closure of the forum.

jsimo01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM800 HD - Sky HD Subscription, Technotrend S2-3200 PCI card.
My Location
East Anglia
CCcam can either be client or server or both, the tutorial you are looking for is here:

http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/...-faqs/127718-tutorial-cccam-card-sharing.html

If you are the client you will be given a C-line to put in your CCcam.config file, this will give you the settings to connect to a server. Everything you need is on the forum already you just need to look. What image are you running on your box?

Bucki

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 500s
My Location
UK
Analogue

yes I do understand you :) and that is why I am here, to ask.
Since I was not shure in what way that dude did it ...

Is CCcam - card sharing? or is it something else?!

Again, when you do card share - does it mean to purchase subscription and then share the card with other limite or unlimited dreambox ??

Thanks

ps: I do not have a DB at all, my oncle told me how that other guy did it for him
and that is why I am here to find out :)

jsimo01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM800 HD - Sky HD Subscription, Technotrend S2-3200 PCI card.
My Location
East Anglia
The Dreambox is just a set-top box, like your sky receiver; Out of the box they are just a free-to-air receivers. To make it do all the things you want you will need to add additional software.

In brief this is how I started:
1. Purchased a DM800HD.
2. Flashed it with the latest Nabilosat Blackhole Image (an operating system specifically for the dreambox).
3. Set up tuner and ran first service scan, made sure everything was working (internet/satellite/etc. etc.).
4. Installed latest CCCam from the blue addon panel.
5. Edited my CCCam.config file with my own settings.
6. Set up the Blackhole EPG download, so I have guide info available.

I haven't so much as looked back at my sky receiver which is now gathering dust under the desk in my office. It will be a steep learning curve for you, especially if you have no experience with FTP/Telnet/Linux OS's. If you are prone to fits of frustration and rage, you will seriously not get very far! People here will be happy to help, however you need to get a basic understanding of what you want and be realistic in what you expect, read the tutorials, they are the best place to start out from and are written by some of the more experienced members.

CS (cardsharing) will violate the T&C's of your subscription, the software you'll need to do it will depend on what type of server you have hosting your card, CCcam is one of the more common; from a server POV it is easier to maintain when you have multiple clients. Listing all the options would be redundant, find out.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Just a word of advice Bucki - DB (& other Linux boxes) are wonderful receivers. HOWEVER they should be treated as high end enthusiasts receivers. - You dont take one of these receivers out of the box and start playing with the advanced functions if you havent used one before. there are weeks if not months of tinkering, frustration, high blood pressure, and sheer annoyance when you feel like throwing it outr of the window :D

If and only if you have the interest to get to learn how they work under the bonnet then we will welcome you into the Linux box fraternity with open arms. And point you in the right direction when (not if!) you get stuck.

On the other hand if you hope to be taken step by step through the setting up processes you will be told to go away, do some reading and tinker with it.

There are no shortcuts to mastering a Linux receiver - everyone new owner has to go through the same pain the rest of us did.

A few months ago we had one bloke almost begging someone to go round and set his two new DB500's up for him as "his kids were screaming at him to get it set up so they could watch their evening programming" -- We suggested a good clip round the ear and the appropriate pages he needed to read :D

Bucki

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 500s
My Location
UK
haha Analogue good sence of humor you have :p
But yeas its true, everything new to you will be difficult ... just as when we started learning how to walk.

Anyway, I just thought to browse through how that dude did it, what method he used??? Whether he purchased the most expensive subscription with all channels available and then installed it on his PC (server) which he has linked all other clients to it ... or did that guy really *hack* the system to get all channels for free?? or That was what I was wondering about ... if you get me.

Besides, no I have no clue with linux - ftp etc. but yeh, if I find the time someday down the row ... i would like to give it ago.
I mean, nobody else would learn HOW TO unless they tried it over and over again.

Thanks guys

Bucki

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 500s
My Location
UK
jsimo01 said:
CS (cardsharing) will violate the T&C's of your subscription, the software you'll need to do it will depend on what type of server you have hosting your card, CCcam is one of the more common; from a server POV it is easier to maintain when you have multiple clients. Listing all the options would be redundant, find out.

Rightttt! So from what I understand ... what that guy did was, he most likely pays for his subscription and then has used CCcam or other programs on his server, to basically share it with other clients via IP/Internet????

"depend on what type of server you have hosting your card" - what exactly do you mean by that hosting your card? which card ??

Thanks

fintannl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Single Sat Dish and DM800
My Location
Ireland
analoguesat, no truer words said. even the advice by jsimo01 is well outdated at this stage. while this is what he/she may have done its at least 12 months behind where the dreambox is. bottom line, if you don't understand at least make the effort to research. i see no effort in current thread

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Bucki said:
haha Analogue good sence of humor you have :p
But yeas its true, everything new to you will be difficult ... just as when we started learning how to walk.

Anyway, I just thought to browse through how that dude did it, what method he used??? Whether he purchased the most expensive subscription with all channels available and then installed it on his PC (server) which he has linked all other clients to it ... or did that guy really *hack* the system to get all channels for free?? or That was what I was wondering about ... if you get me.

Besides, no I have no clue with linux - ftp etc. but yeh, if I find the time someday down the row ... i would like to give it ago.
I mean, nobody else would learn HOW TO unless they tried it over and over again.

Thanks guys

There are very few "hacks" available these days - the encryptions are too secure. Valid subscription cards are used and shared across broadband. The theory is easy the practise is much harder :D

C/s is a very grey area and we have to protect the forum. Dont be offended if threads get closed unexpectedly if the discussion gets technical or we deem too much info is being given out - the forum cannot be seen to be helping in signal piracy or we might get closed down.

Be aware that we know several providersa re actively working on anti c/s measures - Sky UK being one of them so if you hope to get all the Sky pay channels cheap or free on multiple receivers that could come to a grinding halt very quickly very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.