Dreambox 500s relacement

Reaction score
So, I've tried to record over my very busy network to my pc using Dreamstreamer, Dreambox viewer and mounting using cifs but to no avail - the results are jumpy. I'm now thinking that I may need to invest in a new receiver - something with a hard-drive. Any recommendations for a receiver that has ethernet (I'm using a card share) and has pvr function? It doesnt necessarily need to be a dreambox.
Thanks
Revdes

cauliflower

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Will update again
My Location
Ireland
If your after something that has a HDD then your gonna be looking at the Dreambox 600, 800 or 7025 I think.

Try and use Pli Jade if your not already on the box you have

cauliflower

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Will update again
My Location
Ireland
Hi, the reason I ask you to try Pli Jade is because I had similar issues before like you and when I used Pli they went away.

Also a great read is here for mounting etc

h**p://www.pli-images.org/modules/wiki/index.php?wakka=E1Mount

Reaction score
thanks again but I've put in all the information that the wiki tells me to and I click on 'mount' and nothing happens - so I still have a red cross instead of a green tick - any ideas please?

cauliflower

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Will update again
My Location
Ireland
You have to reset the dreambox (thats what I found)

Reaction score
I just installed HiDownload which is a stream downloader and allows me to schedule downloads. I entered the ip of my box and it downloads perfectly smoothly.. Thanks for your help cauliflower (although I'd still be interested to sort out the mounting problems that I am having.