Dreambox 8000 HD PVR is worth getting

Status
Not open for further replies.

astra 1D

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
digital setup on astra and BSB British satellite broadcasting receiver not setup and a analog satellite box not setup
My Location
UK central
i need a satellite receiver for satellite dxing. there is a Dreambox 8000 HD PVR in my area and i wonder if is worth getting.
and dose it support videogurd.

the reason for putting this in the hd/4k tv and receiver and not the dreambox support is because the old post got closed for no reason

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
DB's are high end enthusiasts receivers. They take HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of hours study to get the most of them. They can be incredibly rewarding to use - and frustrating as hell. Ive had 2 of them & absolutely loathe what I can only describe as a completely illogical & horrible to use operating system.

Do they support videoguard - well you will need an active subscription to watch anything - there are no freebies these days. With Sky UK I believe you cant watch the pay HD channels any longer - they were locked out from none Sky receivers a few years ago. If you are just going to use it on 28E then there really isnt much point buying a dreambox - tehy are much more suited to multi satellite usage

If you buy one DONT expect to ask hundreds of questions about how to set it up & get it going. Only you can learn how to use it. How successful you are will depend on how much time you are willing to put into the receiver.

7mdish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 2.4m motorised offset dish, Viking Ku-band 2-ports motorised feed, 2 SMW LNBs, RC2000A, Dreambox DM920.
My Location
Milan, Italy
Totally agree. I have a Dreambox DM920, it is a very good receiver but only for everyday usage, absolutely not for DXers.
Very good and stable as PVR.

Status
Not open for further replies.