Dreambox 8000, Thinking of buying it

marcaaron20

Dreaming Satellites
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD,
80cm Orbital Satellite Dish
Motorized
LNB with 2 outputs, 2nd output leading to upstairs and using Dreambox 500S.
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K Amp/Receiver,
My Location
Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland
I am thinking of buying the new Dreambox 8000 HD Satellite Receiver, I have a Dreambox 500 at the min and love it but want to now get the benefit of my HD TV but the downfall is, the price, should I wait or just bite the bullet and buy it now?? or will it gradually come down in price by the end of the year or so??

if/when i do get it, what is the best connection to get the HD picture and sound?
is it the DVI slot, component or DVI to HDMI cable??

my plan is to have the Dreambox 8000 downstairs and my Dreambox 500 in my bedroom, is this possible,

also, with the 8000 having twin sat tuners am i able to do the following;
my motorised dish/lnb has 2 outputs, a cable is going to the front room and the 2nd is going to my bedroom, and i have a sky minidish,
on the 8000; could i plug the motorised dish/lnb in the 1st tuner and the mini dish in the 2nd tuner then,
on the 500; could i plug the 2nd cable (coming from the motorised dish/lnb) so if i want to watch foreign or sky in my bedroom i can turn to whichever satelite on the 8000 (which wil also give me a choice of satelite to watch manually) on the 500 so my perents can still watch sky downstairs on the 8000 via the minidish on the 2nd tuner

am i able to do this ? (thats the best i could explain it, lol

basicly so i can watch either foreign or sky downstairs automaticly and upstairs, whichever the motorised dish is pointing to

Thanks

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Hi , the price of the DM8000 is increased because of the weak £. If you wait 2 years you'll get it for £700 ish. I'm about to buy one myself now that Mark has stock. The 800/8000 comes with a DVI to HDMI cable, thats the best way to do it. You might want to use the auto resolution plugin.

As for your setup it sounds exactly the same as mine. 80cm on motor with 2 outputs. Fixed with 4 outputs. You can do exactly as you've explained no problem at all. If you're wanting to card share then yes its easy to do it between those 2 boxes if you're network is installed in the house. You could go wireless with the 8000 if needed.

marcaaron20

Dreaming Satellites
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD,
Motorized
My Location
I'm wanting the 8000 that badly that i can't sleep

marcaaron20

Dreaming Satellites
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD,
Motorized
My Location
I was thinking, I'm going to Florida in August, would it be cheaper if i bought the Dreambox 8000 whilst over there and sneak it back in the UK in my suitcase to bypass extra charges added on through taxes here in the UK (the most tight fisted country in the world)

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
I doubt you'd find one mate. Plus I doubt the price would be much different.

foden

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fracarro 1 Metre Dish
Dark Gold Lnb 0.1
Superior Dark Motor
Super Darkbox HD Rev 2008 Combo
Cable CT-100
My Location
Liverpool
Think of the price that should help you to sleep.

smiffie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD 500Gb X 2, Dreambox 500S X 2, VBox 2, Jaeger 99G H to H 36v, Inverto SilverTech Quad LNB 0.2dB, 95cm Maxx Digital Mesh Dish 42E-45W, Technomate TM 2600 H to H Diseqc, Inverto Ultra black LNB 0.2dB , 85cm Transparent Dish 42E-1W.
My Location
North West England, UK
I have a DM800 downstairs operating the dish via a Vbox and a DM500 upstairs on the second LNB output. When I'm upstairs and want to move the dish I just log into the box downstairs on my laptop and move it using the web inteface.

pnd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000s
dreambox 8000hd 1.5tb hdd
1m motorised dish
v box
I am thinking of buying the 8000 for my partner and dont know a lot about them, i have been told there is a lot of clones out there. can you give the best place to buy one from as i would not know a fake if i seen one thanks in advance

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
pnd said:
I am thinking of buying the 8000 for my partner and dont know a lot about them, i have been told there is a lot of clones out there. can you give the best place to buy one from as i would not know a fake if i seen one thanks in advance

To be safe, go to the Dream Multimedia site and look up an approved dealer near you. Fleabay is definitely to be avoided unless the seller also is an official dealer.

If you want to be more daring, you can sometimes get a better price from German satellite shops. Bear in mind that by the time you pay shipping charges, currency conversion charges and extra costs for paying by credit card or cash on delivery, you may not save very much. If you want to try this route, you can use a price comparison site like idealo.de but once again check if the seller is an official Dream reseller for maximum peace of mind.

I've bought a Dreambox from a German shop online, which has an English language version of their site; they can also deal with email questions in English. If you search this site, you can probably find some posts mentioning the name (not sure if I can mention their name directly).

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
I have bought all me dreamboxes from SMS satellites in Camberley and they are all genuine and they are official dealers.