Dreambox 8000HD

markey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 2b

HP Pavilion Laptop
My Location
Spain
I'm having problems with maintaining EPG on my dreambox 8000. It seems as though the file containing the EPG is not being refreshed when ever I renew the EPG data. After a few days of the EPG data apparently being refreshed on a daily basis the data gradually runs out, usually starting with ITV Granada HD. All the other channels follow. It appears as though a file is being filled rather than being refreshed. Switching the dreambox off and then restarting solves the problem for the next few days. The cycle then has to be repeated. Do I have a software error with the EPG file? My EPG source is rytec .

oldfart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laminas 2.7 offset
Invacom Quattro LNB
Chayofa, Tenerife
DM8K
My Location
Tenerife
Assuming you are using CrossEPG?
in the configure settings - set it to download every night and re-boot
works for me.

markey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 2b

HP Pavilion Laptop
My Location
Spain
Oldfart, thanks for the reply. What you suggest is what I actually achieve in my current solution to the problem. It would appear that, whilst I refresh the EPG data at 2am evey day automatically, I am completing your procedure manually as and when I need to. My problem now is to get the reboot working automatically after the EPG refresh. I am not familiar with the actual software behind the various procedures but what I have determined is that I have several EPG routines loaded, for example, Sky_UK, Sky_It and the one I am directed to Satmate_sky.Uk. Having looked at the provider settings on these I have noticed that on the first two I have just mentioned there is a line on the screen referring to command to process after EPG refresh, whereas on the one I have been directed to this option is missing. Am I correct in assuming that this is the command that you use to automatically reboot? If so, how do introduce it to my current procedure?

The other bit of information which might be relevant is that the first two have the EPG type set to opentv whilst mine is set to Satmate_sky.UK.

oldfart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laminas 2.7 offset
Invacom Quattro LNB
Chayofa, Tenerife
DM8K
My Location
Tenerife
crossepg

menu|setup|crossepg|configure
storage = harddisk