dreambox and sky cards?

tonguedv

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised Triax 88 Dish, DP6600 VBox, Dreambox 7020S with 200gb hd, Linksys Router WRT54GS & Linksys Bridge WET54G. ADSL Internet.
My Location
Aberdeen, Scotland
Excellent reply, that cleared alot up! Thanks John and I just have one more question (it's actually a few in one - as usual the can of worms opens hehe) :)

QQQQ
I've been looking on ebay today and I see people offering cards on there that offer Channel 4 and Sky three, I'm quite interested as this seems to be a one off payment method of getting slightly more channels on my dreambox without disrupting my current Sky digibox setup. They say it's activated already...Is this too good to be true? Is there a better way to get channel 4 and Sky Three? Would the card on there give me challenge and UK Gold?

Thanks I really appreciate the help, as I'm sure alot of other people do aswell.

Dave

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Dont know about sky 3 in uk but in Ireland No you must have a sub package. You will get ch 4/5 with the activate card though.

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
the "yellow house" card is a one-off payment of 20 £, and it will give you c4, five, five.2 and sky three (called the FTV channels). No, it will NOT give you Challenge or UK Gold, you need a basic subscription for these. And if you do, you'll get all the FTV channels as well, so no need to get the yellow house card any more.

radicalrad

Reaction score
JTA said:
this is my betad.cfg :
SERIAL_PORT = 1
USER = local local
BOXID = 0xxxxxxxxxx

this is the emu-part of newcamd.cfg :
#
# newcamd mandatory settings for control word servers (cws)
#
CWS = uds 1 local local
# CWS = 127.0.0.1 10000 local local 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan cardserv

this will link the serial port 1 (upper card slot) to newcamd thru betad. You might also have to chane the following switches :

# newcamd mandatory settings
#
# Use emulator?
EMU = yes
# if both control word server and emulator keys are available for the
# channel, which method should be tried first?
PREFER_EMU = no
# Autoupdate for Emu and Control Word Servers
# AU is always yes if there are betad UDS control word server
# connected to newcamd
AU = yes
#

this should do the trick.
having just tried this i still have very little bbc1 (every one in the uk)itv1 a few sky travel and cbbc....
and still nothing i have tried this and other ways for doing it and no joy i reckon the 7020 is going on fleabay....i have had enough

this is on a standard sky dish (in the uk) with excellent reception new lnb and it just doesnt see the card and doesnt find rest of channels on a scan.
On my sky box its fine with all basic free to ait inc channel 4 and 5

Zurvy

Reaction score
hey guys,

I usually don't post here, as I always find my questions by searching the forum.

I read here and there that there is a possibility for the Sky Digital Card to stop working if it doesn't receive updates. Having read the above, it is not the case here.

My question is as follows: Under what circumstances does my DreamBox stop updating my subscription card? And when it stops receiving it, and the screen goes black, do I have to call Sky to reactivate my card??

Tnx!

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
80cm Dish + 45cm Dish via Disecq A/B.
My Location
England
No, your dreambox shud do it, however in the strange case in which it doesnt, then put your card in original box and then do a new installation, i think its

Services Menu> hit 01 select then new installation

Correct me if im wrong on that :p

After that leave it for like 1 hour and then it shud all work like a daisy chain smells (dodgy but sufficient) :)

Zurvy

Reaction score
Tnx!

Yeh you're almost correct. It's
Service Menu -> System Setup -> hit 01 Select -> New Installation.

Tnx again, I ordered my dreambox today. I'll give all the above a try next week. Can't wait!

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
D4ftpunk said:
No, your dreambox shud do it,
can anyone confirm - newcamd 6.10 betad config, modified betad.cfg to contain a boxid and restarted CAM....

now.....the FTV card....will my DM wake it up? Or do I have to plan a slot in Sky+ when it's not recording? ;)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I haven't managed to get mine going with 2.90 and 6.10b

It may be that the modified cardserv and cardserver (0961) cfg files need renaming to the new names - end in b from memory?

Rav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 90cm/55cm, Inverto Black Pro/White Tech, Moteck SG-2100A, Dreamboxes DM7020/DM600/DM800HD
My Location
Zürich/London
I have a 7020 with Gemini 2.90 installed, Newcamd 6.10b and $ky subscription card. Tried this last night and it works!

Used the FTP option in UltraEdit to change the following files:

Note: importing the files and changing in Notepad, then exporting is reported not to work!

betad.cfg

1. Leave the SERIAL_PORT = 0 if you are using your card in the top slot. If you want to use the bottom slot, change the value to 1.

2. Enter your BOXID = 00xxxxxx. This is the 10 digit serial number beginning with 00 and can be found from your Digibox by pressing Services -> System Setup -> System Details.

newcamd.conf

3. Find the line '# CWS = uds 0 local local' and remove the '# ' from the beginning of the line. If you want to use your card in the bottom slot, change the value from 0 to 1.

4. Restart Newcamd-Betad 6.10b and you're done!

If you downloaded Newcamd 6.10b using the blue button and cannot find the configuration files mentioned above, you need to download these separately also using the blue button from Addons -> download and install -> cam-config -> Newcamd Config v.6.0x Betad.

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
Rav said:
Note: importing the files and changing in Notepad, then exporting is reported not to work!
that's because notepad is a windows programme, and dreambox is a unix machine. windows needs a CR-LF at the end of every line, which doesn't goes down well on a unix machine. Use DCC to edit any file on your dreambox, much easier !

Rav said:
betad.cfg

1. Leave the SERIAL_PORT = 0 if you are using your card in the top slot. If you want to use the bottom slot, change the value to 1.

2. Enter your BOXID = 00xxxxxx. This is the 10 digit serial number beginning with 00 and can be found from your Digibox by pressing Services -> System Setup -> System Details.
the BOXID is only necessary if you have a subscription running. It is not needed for FTV cards.

Rav said:
newcamd.conf

3. Find the line '# CWS = uds 0 local local' and remove the '# ' from the beginning of the line. If you want to use your card in the bottom slot, change the value from 0 to 1.
yes, you need to link newcamd with betad, by using the CWS = uds command. You may also have to de-activate the CWS command used for cardserver, should this point to the card being used by betad.

your dreambox will have no trouble keeping your SKY card alive, and it will also re-activate them if necessary (leave them in the box for 24 hours, while on any major SKY channel. Hallmark seems to be a good choice for getting updates).

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
Rav and JTA - thanks.
btw I've used Wordpad for my editing. Seems ok ;)

And what's wrong with vi? :D Just remember hjkl are your arrow keys :-doh! :-bash :D

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
lol I am pretty sure I used Word for it and it worked as well :eek:

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Once I downloaded the config file and left it for 6 hours ch4 and 5 now work :)

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
with 6.10 betad you don't need to do much other than wait.... ;) confirmed. Downloaded config yesterday actually, boxid matches my + box, just in case....and my old FTV card has wakey-wakeyed on Sky News. So Channel4, five and Sky Three added to my channels... :-beer

edit: FWIW, the newcamd.conf did nto need changing - this was the betad version downloaded using Blue Button :)

Mexicos

Reaction score
Website
www.FasterFords.com
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 - Satandream Special Edition V6
NFS mounted / 2Gb Memory stick
My Location
UK
Just downloaded newcamd and put in my sky card with full subscription, and it worked on all channels without any more work. :)

I've put in my old (1 year old) FTV sky card now to see if that starts working again.

I may pay the £10 and get multiroom, if I can make sky understand that its going in a dreambox and not a digibox.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Mexicos said:
I may pay the £10 and get multiroom, if I can make sky understand that its going in a dreambox and not a digibox.

Dont even try telling Sky it wont be in one of their precious digiboxes! How will you get round the call back requirement - under the T&C's for multiroom, bith cards have to be in digiboxes connected to the same operational UK phone line - dreamboxes dont do callbacks do they?.

Mexicos

Reaction score
Website
www.FasterFords.com
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 - Satandream Special Edition V6
NFS mounted / 2Gb Memory stick
My Location
UK
Analoguesat said:
Dont even try telling Sky it wont be in one of their precious digiboxes! How will you get round the call back requirement - under the T&C's for multiroom, bith cards have to be in digiboxes connected to the same operational UK phone line - dreamboxes dont do callbacks do they?.

Fair point, I'll say I've already got another digibox then :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The card will have to be activated in a second digibox too.....

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
...and that Digibox will HAVE to be connected to the phone line.

Do you sense a defeat here?
On the bright side, you could get 3-4 months dragged out on £10 per month. Or I think they'll do a free install with free box for multiroom?