Dreambox clock running 6 minutes slow

Dog's dinner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM8000 HDD
My Location
Norway
I haven't visited the support forum for a long time, but here's a new fishy problem.

I noticed yesterday a difference between the time displayed on the Dreambox's display and the clock on the wall. I blamed the clock of the wall first, naturally, but then checked the time. Result: Dreambox time is running 6 minutes slow. Example: if it's 10 am, the Dreambox thinks it's 9:54 am.

Now unlike my old satellite receiver, you can't correct wrong times in Dreambox. I suppose they think it can never fail.

Turned the Dreambox off at the mains for the night. Turned back on this morning - still running 6 minutes late.

Anybody got any ideas?

all the best,
doggie's dinner

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Where does it pick its time updates from? On the linux boxes Ive used you can choose between the transponder time or an update from a time server on the internet. If you choose the first option and the tp clock is wrong your receiver clock will be wrong as well.

Tp clocks are wrong more often than you might think. One of the EB1 clocks was way out for months a while back

Dog's dinner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM8000 HDD
My Location
Norway
Thanks for the tip, Analoguesat. I wondered where the Dreambox got its time data from. As far as I can see, though, Dreambox doesn't give you an option here. Pity. But it's a relief to hear that the Dreambox itself isn't going into meltdown!

Cheers.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Id be surprised if its not an option somewhere deep in the menus.

Dog's dinner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM8000 HDD
My Location
Norway
I'd be surprised too, but I'm blowed if I can find where it is. I've been through every menu option known to man - me at least - and there's not a dicky bird about time-sourcing. The nearest you get is the time zone option. (I looked at the options via the comupter interface too, nothing there either.)

Anyway, this evening the clock was back to normal again (well, a minute fast), so that's that particular worry out of the way.

Cheers

Ark Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm8000 Imac
My Location
Basingstoke
Mine is 4 minutes slow and I cannot find a relevant setting to change either

Data

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800 hd
Dreambox 7020si
dreambox 500s
45cm dish
My Location
Wigan
it is to do with dodgee images restart the box not enigma but full restart it will be right again but it will loose time the longer the box is run.

Dog's dinner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM8000 HDD
My Location
Norway
Thank you! This is the type of advice I really appreciate.