Dreambox does not response to remote.

fraggle666

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500s, Gemini/Hydra.
My Location
From UK, but now living in Czech Republic
Hi there,

I am running into problems with my Dreambox, running a hydra500_phoenix_new image. It works fine for a while, but on average after about 10 mins, it stops responding to the remote control. It can still be controlled via web interface etc. The light doesn't blink when you press a button on the remote, so it's like it's not recieving the IR signal.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before? I thought it maybe specific to the image, but it was happening with a gemini image previously.

Any info gratefully recieved ;)

Richard.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I've found it does that when it gets "locked up" trying to do something that it can't do e.g. file mode when the hard drive is off or run a plugin that can't access the internet. The other one is when the batteries are old.

fraggle666

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500s, Gemini/Hydra.
My Location
Yep, those old batteries can be a real pain !!!!!! ;)

I thought that it might be those kind of problems, ie, trying to download with no connection etc. However this seems to happen if I am just watching one channel, not interacting with the box at all.

el cid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nilesat/arabsat/hotbird/mcsa/Dreambox 500S
My Location
Middle East & Sothern Spain
I've got a DM 500-s which was disconnected for a couple of weks, when I connected it yesterday I couldn't even get FTA on nilesat. Any ideas ????

fraggle666

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500s, Gemini/Hydra.
My Location
Hi there

This is still happening. I've tried several variations of images, stopped all CAMS, disabled network, basically shut down everything that could cause issues, I've also changed batteries in the remote ;). I stick it on a channel, and then roughly every 30 mins, it stops responding to the remote.

Also on the times when I don't shut down the network, I can still control it using the web interface. Sometimes when I restart it starts to work, sometimes I have to restart multiple times, sometimes I just have to put it into standby.

V.Strange. Has anyone had any other problems like this.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Are you running any plugins or other processes? You can check them from the blue panel.