Dreambox DM 800HDse

Traxis DBS 6000 HD (Soon)

Matchbox Pro USB receiver

90cm and 1.8m dish

Ku and C-Band
My Location
Minneapolis/St. Paul USA.
Hi guys,

I am in the USA (But dont worry I come fae Glasgow) and there is very little support here yet for this amazing wee box.

I can stream over my own network to PC and even my Android phone, but I want to be able to show other people my new toy streaming no matter where I am.

Have not managed to do this yet, I have DSL and my Modem is a Motorola 3347

----------

I have started a Dreambox area on my own US forum but since its very new in the USA there is no support yet...

Other than the above teething trouble I am blown away with receiver, I use a 1m Motorized system (DiSEqC1.2) and I also have it hooked to my C-Band dish with a DiSEq switch.

Are there any Dreambox gurus here who would like to help with the US forum Dreambox area? I am new to the receiver but have changed images, software and I also use FTA to grab recordings. I am really only interested in regular legal FTA channels in the USA

I have also enjoyed the plug-ins but hope that one day there will be more Euro channels that I can stream in with my Dreambox, who knows I may even manage to stream back to the UK

Thanks

Pete

BM300

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, 7020, 800HD
HD-USB
8 Dishes
My Location
UAE
If you want to watch your channels using your Glasgow system with full control, simply use a slingbox.
It will be like you are back at home.

PSB

Satellite Head
Reaction score
Website
www.psbsatellite.com
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM 800HDse

90cm and 1.8m dish

Ku and C-Band
My Location
Nice, but I can't get Irn Bru here : )

Thanks, I dont have a slingbox yet, and I dont know anyone in Glasgow any more, family is all gone, scattered around the globe. Great idea, will watch out for one : )

Big-Apple

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2x Dm800
1xDm7000
My Location
CEE
which provider are u using in this dreambox DN or DirecTV coz both are paired not only by boxley/rsa.

PSB

Satellite Head
Reaction score
Website
www.psbsatellite.com
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM 800HDse

90cm and 1.8m dish

Ku and C-Band
My Location
I use only FTA Linear channels here in the USA, both Ku and C-Band not really interested in DBS satellite here, there is nothing on there worth watching/paying for (IMO). I am more of a feed guy, I like to scan in news and sports feeds. I want to be able to stream the Dreambox to my phone or PC (As I do now with the Dreamdroid APP and my home PC, but only works in my home network) and demo the Dreambox from anywhere..... I also want to be able to keep upto date with my live news feeds.....

I like the car chases coming LIVE from a helicopter in LA..... On my youtube channel I have over 4 million hits and thats all because I came across the Michael Jackson Funeral on FTA one night!

Just never know what you will come across on the live news feeds........ but alas now I am here in the US I want satellite feeds from the UK again : )

Maybe the Dreambox is the answer to that......

When I first got into satellite back in the 80's I thought it would only be a natter of time until ALL satellites were linked up... all the time.

I envisioned channels that were live and available simultaneously in both the USA and Europe (Worldwide)...

Maybe with the steaming capabilities of the Dreambox that sort of thing is coming closer.... Of course the Slingbox can do this, but it would be nice to do it all from one device.......

I have used a slingbox hooked to a motorized receiver remotely before........ AWSOME feeling knowing that the dish is moving and you are MANY miles away, anywhere in the world!!! Just found one on craigslist here for $40!!

Cannie wait for some Scottish footy..... I watched a US MLS game last night...... very poor stuff.

Big-Apple

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2x Dm800
1xDm7000
My Location
CEE
have u managed to work dreamdroid on android phone? i just fixes connection but no picutre only unable to stream i have also installed VLS tool on it
what i am doin wrong