Dreambox Non-responsive

Alcarne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500S
My Location
UK
I was using Dreamuplan to put an image on my DM500s (not the first time). After it wouldnt load properly and kept on hanging on the bootloader (in Nemesis) or not finding satellites and being very slow (in Gemini). So I sent off for a usb to serial cable and a null modem cable as I thought the image may be corrupt. I also dont have a serial port hence Usb cable.

Today I have finally recieved them and now the Dreambox is totally non-responsive. It turns on and the ethernet light inside is on however the stanby button does nothing (stays green) and no picture is displayed on the TV.

Ive tried connecting the Null modem cable following T-G's idiots guide but no response from this either.

Does anyone know what I've done or what I should do? Thanks.

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Dis-connect the box for a while, say some 10 mins

Then start dream-up and follow directions Make sure the box is not on until U are told to put it on

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
firstly dont panic :)

most problems can be fixed with the null modem cable....
in the very worst cases ie powersurge or loss of power during a flash!! whoops :)
for that you will need a JTAG programmer.

but it can be fixed, usually when things seem really bad, its not.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
If you have tried flashing using a PC with serial interface and a null modem cable and still face problems, then it is possible that the box has become faulty, could be the power supply.
Is it an original box or a clone and how long has it been working properly?

Alcarne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500S
My Location
UK
I have tried with just a serial (null modem) lead but same problem. Will try to find another power supply. It is acting as though it has the wrong power supply in it however it is definitley the same one.

Where do I get a programmer, what do they do and are they hard to use?

Thanks.

p.s. It is a 500s original

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Is it a serial cable or a null modem cable? The pin wiring is slightly different (from memory).

You're using a USB adapter? Another member had the same problem as you last week with a USB/ serial adapter; they solved it by using a PC with a serial port and no USB adapter.

japseye

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500
My Location
UK
Alcarne said:
I was using Dreamuplan to put an image on my DM500s (not the first time). After it wouldnt load properly and kept on hanging on the bootloader (in Nemesis) or not finding satellites and being very slow (in Gemini). So I sent off for a usb to serial cable and a null modem cable as I thought the image may be corrupt. I also dont have a serial port hence Usb cable.

Today I have finally recieved them and now the Dreambox is totally non-responsive. It turns on and the ethernet light inside is on however the stanby button does nothing (stays green) and no picture is displayed on the TV.

Ive tried connecting the Null modem cable following T-G's idiots guide but no response from this either.

Does anyone know what I've done or what I should do? Thanks.

Ive got exactly the same problem with mine. Green light on and internal ethernet light can be seen on when connected but no response from remote and no piccy whatsoever. Serial to 500 from PC has no effect. I sent it off for repair but they returned it saying that it was a clone. The guy who sold it on Ebay has vanished along with the guarantee. If you find a cure then let me know please.
Does anyone know if there is a tsop on board that contains the bootloader. I have a Labtool and dont mind removing/reprogging chip if possible.
Thanks.

japseye

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500
My Location
UK
RedDevil_UK said:
firstly dont panic :)

most problems can be fixed with the null modem cable....
in the very worst cases ie powersurge or loss of power during a flash!! whoops :)
for that you will need a JTAG programmer.

but it can be fixed, usually when things seem really bad, its not.

Can you give us more details on this please RD
Thanks.