Dreambox not showing picture!

goodiegood

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020s (Gemini)

2.33Ghz, 2GB DDR2, WinXP SP2
My Location
SWEDEN
I am running a network with 2 Dreamboxes (done that for over a year now), but the one in the livingroom doesn't show picture anymore! I can change the channels, the signals are great and other Dreambox (the one in the basement) is working without any probs! The one in the livingroom just stopped showing picture all of a sudden. I don't know how and why it happened either. Here's some info about the Dreambox that I've got placed in my livingroom:
- The one in the livingroom is a DM600PVR
- Every cables are correctly connected
- Both Thor and Sirius (I am located in Norway) channels works perfectly on the Dreambox in the basement
- Signalstrength is about 90~95% on both Thor and Sirius
- SNR and AGC both shows 85~95% on about every norwegian channel once I switch through the channels
- I haven't touched the network settings on the Dreambox in the livingroom
- I've tried switching cams, but that didn't do the trick either
- The one in my basement is connected to the internet-router while the one in the livingroom is connected directly to my ADSL-router. That has been working out great for over a year, until recently. I got myself a new ADSL-router 2 weeks ago, but it worked great to connect the Dreambox directly to the new ADSL-router until recently
- I've tried stretching a network cable from the Dreambox in my livingroom to my internet-router in my basement, but even that didn't work out
- I can view/load EPG, switch channels, see what program's on the channel, but I cannot get the picture + sound to appear whatsoever...
- I've tried both software rebooting and disconnecting the power, but with no success
- I've tried switching network cables with no success

What can be wrong? Any ideas, perhaps?

Desperate after help!

Thanks in advance.

dasteelman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm transparent dish
85cm Penta Dish (motored)
Black Ultra LNB
VU+Solo
VU+Duo
technomate 9100 linux
Quali-TV (4:2:2)
Eaglebox
UK nds card
My Location
Tyne and Wear
re flash image

goodiegood

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020s (Gemini)

2.33Ghz, 2GB DDR2, WinXP SP2
My Location
SWEDEN
can you perhaps point me to a guide on how to do so..? i've never done that before myself, so i'd need some help...

any other ways that i can fix that problem, perhaps? i don't really want to start fiddling with the Dreambox hardware-stuff.... =/

dasteelman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm transparent dish
Black Ultra LNB
VU+Solo
VU+Duo
technomate 9100 linux
Eaglebox
UK nds card
My Location
Tyne and Wear
you need te dreamup software on your PC and use a null modem cable to connect PC to Box.

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/dreambox-guides-stickies-faqs/

All the info you need is on the above link.

I dont want to sound negative, but it never fails to suprise me when people purchase a linux box. A linux box is an going box which needs updating, developed frequently. It is not like a standard Set Top Box. The images such as gemini, nabilo etc crash now and again so therefore need re flashed etc.

I urge anyone who thinks about buying a DB to read the guides, you MUST learn how to flash an image and you MUST learn how to FTP to your box using software such as Dreambox Control Center (DCC)

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
You refer to your network a lot, are you card sharing ? If so have you tried FTA channels ?

dasteelman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm transparent dish
Black Ultra LNB
VU+Solo
VU+Duo
technomate 9100 linux
Eaglebox
UK nds card
My Location
Tyne and Wear
B16MCC said:
You refer to your network a lot, are you card sharing ? If so have you tried FTA channels ?

this is what saddens me at the moment....with the advent of c/s ...many dealers etc are fixing people up with a ready made payserver.

This is all well and good, but when the linux boxes freeze, or crash...they need attended too. the linux boxes are intended as a hobby box, not a permanant pure entertainment box.

This i happening everywhere now :( ...leaving the punter confused

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
It seems you're right mate. A lot of guys come asking how to change passwords and such. In this case it seems likely he lost one of his lines on the server or the server removed his reshare.