Dreambox - Picture pauses frequently - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spa_nl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox d500
My Location
Netherlands
I have a dreambox d500 recently installed.

But ever since installing it, the premium channels like the skysports or sky movie channels keep pausing/freezing and distorted. However when i check bbc or itv channels they seem to be fine.

Is this related to signal or the box?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That problem is more often than not related to the member using a card share server which is overloaded with users.

If you are using your own legitimate subscription card in the box then look at updating the EMU or perhaps use and external reader to keep the card cool.

Spa_nl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox d500
My Location
Netherlands
rolfw said:
That problem is more often than not related to the member using a card share server which is overloaded with users.

If you are using your own legitimate subscription card in the box then look at updating the EMU or perhaps use and external reader to keep the card cool.

Hey I think Im using a card share server as there is no card in the box.

So does that mean its the server im connecting to which is overloaded with users?

Im kinda unsure, as there is a tree next to the apartment and im thinking it could be the signal. But funny enough as I previously mentioned only the premium channels are affected and not the bbc or itv channels.

Any advice would be helpful.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
The forum has a strict ban on any discussion of commercial card sharing. Talk with your supplier.

This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.