Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbie12

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
Ireland
Sorry if this annoys anyone. but first time poster and i dont no that much about dreambox,s . tried doing some research. but jus wondering could someone help me or tell me. Im looking to get one. mainly to watch sports and movies, but would lik all the channels.. can you get one that records programmes. and what channels do u get with it? has anyone got a list.

Thanks,

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yes you can get Dreamboxes with Recording features.

Lists of available Channels and Packages are freely published on sites such as Flysat, KingOfSat, Lyngsat etc.

What Channels you get in practice will depend upon your Dish Installation (ie Single Dish with one LNB; Single Dish with multiple LNBs; Motorised Dish; Multiple Dishes: There are lots of Satellites up there!).

And the selection of Channels will be further determined by which (If any) Subscriptions you buy. Football is not cheap.

A nonymous

Reaction score
The Dreambox or in fact any linux box will not open up pay to view channels by as if by magic. They are good boxes, but not that good.

You still have to have a subscription to watch pay to view channels.

Nano

Newbie12

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
Ireland
nano said:
The Dreambox or in fact any linux box will not open up pay to view channels by as if by magic. They are good boxes, but not that good.

You still have to have a subscription to watch pay to view channels.

Nano
thanks for the reply, i no i have to get a subscription, jus looking for the best one at the minute.wud u have any recommendations?

i have a free to air box in my room, i had sky but got it out so have the feed coming from the dish for the free to air. so if i got a dreambox would there be much involved in setting it up?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Possibly a bigger dish aligned to a different part of the sky.

Presumably you want the 3pm premiership football? Various services carry some games, although the "best" services carrying the most games will be difficult to get in Ireland.

You need to decide EXACTLY what you want then we can help more. "Whats the best" is different for every person :)

(its the satellite equivalent of asking how long is a piece of string!)

Newbie12

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
Ireland
Analoguesat said:
Possibly a bigger dish aligned to a different part of the sky.

Presumably you want the 3pm premiership football? Various services carry some games, although the "best" services carrying the most games will be difficult to get in Ireland.

You need to decide EXACTLY what you want then we can help more. "Whats the best" is different for every person :)

(its the satellite equivalent of asking how long is a piece of string!)
yep 3pm football. preferably all the english games, basically sky sports. because they cover premiership,la liga, seria etc. so jus sky sports would do, and sky movies. then all your basic channels would do. like c4, e4 etc, (-|-)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The basic Channels you mention are Free to Air, but Sky Sports & Sky Movies require a Sky Subscription. So it seems you'd be better off with a Sky Box ................

Newbie12

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
Ireland
Tivù said:
The basic Channels you mention are Free to Air, but Sky Sports & Sky Movies require a Sky Subscription. So it seems you'd be better off with a Sky Box ................
i have a multiroom box with free to air at the minute.. but was lookin to get a dreambox with sky sports,espn,setanta sky movies, etc as it would work alot cheper i thaught.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Cheaper? Sky Subs cost the same whether you use the Cards in an Official Box or a Dreambox etc.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you want Sky Sports & Sky Movies then you want Sky UK

Yours for about 40 quid a month, or 50 if you want HD.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Hes referring to paying a payserver, so i think its time to close this thread.

You will get no help with anything to do with Payservers here. If you want help, ask the payserver, but be warned you will end up getting ripped off. Nobody wins with Payservers other than the payservers themselves.

Thread Closed

Nano

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes I thought thats what he was angling for - and thats why we stick very rigidly to the legit subs only line here :D

If you do go down the payserver route expect to get ripped off, and if they get busted and the police come knocking dont expect any sympathy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.