Dreambox unconfirmed IP and Nameserver

Df03anma

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nokia satelite. 2 tuners. Dreambox 800 hd se (with wifi and harddrive)
My Location
Jönköping, Sweden
Hi,

I searched everywhere for help regarding this. I really hope I can find some answers in here.

I have a Dreambox 800 HD SE with wifi network card and recordable harddrive. I have OpenPLI OS installed.

I used to connect through wifi and it has worked perfectly for years.

A week ago I got internet through fiber installed in the house, and therefore a new router. Everything is working fine. Fast internet, I am able to connect to the router from several devices (tv, xbox, mobile phones).

But from my Dreambox I run into some problems. I am able to connect to the network, but when I run the network test I got unconfirmed ip address (followed by a red x), and also unconfirmed nameserver.

When configuring the network I used same configuration as I always have (changed password ofcourse). I enable DHCP, and the nameserver is the same ip as the router.

If I login to the router, I can see that my Dreambox has been given an IP (192.168.1.5), but from the Dreambox I can't see it anywhere (thus am I not able to watch anything).

I have tried to disable DHCP and manually enter the IP 192.168.1.5, but get the same result.

Please help. This has worked just fine before. And I am not interested in using a cable to the router since it will be drawn across the whole house..

Thanks in advance.
Marcus

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Router firewall issue of some sort?

A

Archive7

What is the new fiber router default IP?
It is possible that you haven't got the whole network having 192.168.xxxx.xxx IP's.
I had this problem myself with the ADSL modem/router having default IP 10.0.0.138 so I added another router which has 192.168.0.1 default IP and it solved it.
Or you have got two devices having the same IP which is causing a conflict.

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Try all said here and if still a no go change ip to xxxx1.10 and see what the router does

WHATAGOAL1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4, 1.8channelmaster, tm5402, tech1500, db920
My Location
Leic
i would try a new image, openatv are good with dreambox, openatv will auto configure your network.

Df03anma

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Jönköping, Sweden
Thanks everyone and sorry for late response. I had problems with my power adapter, that made my dreambox restart all the time.

Now I finally fixed this (new power adapter) and can focus on my network problem....sigh.

We tested the box at a friends house and it worked perfectly. Both cable and wlan. But here I get the same error as before. Unconfirmed IP and nameserver.

I tried dhcp no and entered manually ip 192.168.1.10, but got same result. Logged inte the router and saw that the db was given ip 192.168.1.10.

This is so strange. It seems like the router has given an ip to the db, but why do I get unconfirmed when performing a network test on my dreambox??

Would appreciate any more suggestions. I guess I should try using a cable just to see if it works.. If I can find one long enough.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
You don't neeed a long cable, as the Dreambox doesn't need to be connected to a satellite dish, to be part of a network.
Try moving the Dreambox, close to your router, and connect it using a cable.
You should also try using the Dreambox Control Centre, on your PC, as this will find all appliances attached to your network
Have you psoted details regarding your new Internet Service Provider, and the make/model of router, you are using?

Df03anma

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Jönköping, Sweden
You don't neeed a long cable, as the Dreambox doesn't need to be connected to a satellite dish, to be part of a network.
Try moving the Dreambox, close to your router, and connect it using a cable.
You should also try using the Dreambox Control Centre, on your PC, as this will find all appliances attached to your network
Have you psoted details regarding your new Internet Service Provider, and the make/model of router, you are using?

Thanks. I thought about moving the db close to the router as well, but then I thought...I must have it connected to a tv ;) But I have connected to the db before with my computer, so know it is possible.

ANYWAY, I managed to connect the db to the router (by using some workaround devices that connects to the power line, faking using a network cable) and it worked perfectly.

I still really much would prefer using wlan, so would really like to solve this.

I am starting to think it has to do with my router somehow.

I will provide info about isp and router shortly..

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Pull the mains from the router and let it do a real cold start.