DreamBox

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Before you jump into it, I would go HERE there still appears to be a lot of problems with the unit's software and the support. I've also had a look around and cannot see any information regarding DiseqC 1.2, only that it supports DiseqC for multi LNBs.

F

F1Mike

I am aware of various problems, but I'm still going for it, as the benefits outweigh the niggly things. I've been reading up on it. I just need to find out a few more fine points

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
We could see another 'hands on expert' in the near future then

boysie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
@ f1mike
some good links for dreambox forums with some good beginners guides and software(if mods dont mind!)

http://www.satcity.nl/
http://www.dreamsatsoft.tv/indexnext.htm
http://www.satdudez-forumz.com/

there good fun if you like messing about (you can get shoutcast internet radio on it, check your e-mails, autoupade keys and firmware via remote, and do a spot of logging;) )

but if you just want to watch footy and films, its probably not worth it

@ rolf, it does support 1.2

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks Boysie, thought that it did, just that it isn't specific.

boysie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
just one thing i should point out
i have heard horror stories of people's boxes dying and getting no help off dream, some people have tried to get hold of them by phone and e-mail but get no answer or reply, others have been told to send the box back and have been waiting months for it returning,
so anyone buying one should look for a reputable supplier who will exchange it if it goes faulty, cos by the sound of it, dream wont help:mad:

cloggs

Reaction score
I don’t think you can kill the Dreambox, unless of course the problem is hardware related. I though I had killed it on a number of occasions but have always managed to revive it. The only problem I haven’t solved is with the automatic discovery of satellites. The system boasts USALS compliance so this should not be a problem.

I have the Dreambox connected to a VBox but can’t do an automatic satellite scan. Any ideas.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
This thread is a year and a half old cloggs, think we've all resolved these issues now, as most of the pople posting in this thread have bought one since then. :)

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
cloggs said:
Ta Rolf, what bout the question any ideas?

What image/motor are you using some work better than others?

cloggs

Reaction score
I have got a 1 mtr Channel Master dish on a polar mount with a 12in actuator.
The receiver is a Dreambox 7000 S with a VBox. I have tried every image available. I can moved the disk through the dreambox menu settings and store the positions manualy, but can't do an autosearch. The actuator has started to show some signs of old age, been going back and fort for over ten years. So maybe now it's time to change to a diseqc motor. Shame on the VBox though