• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Dreambox

howard

I've decided to dispose of my Humax F1-vac1 and purchase a Dreambox. Obviously I want a motorised system, presumably the Dreambox will support Diseqc 1.2..
My question is what new equipment will I need? I already have a 90cm dish and cabling. Really I'm not sure about the functions and permutations of motors, positioners, 'actuators?' H to H mounts etc..
Any help would be appreciated..

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
If you're sticking with the 90cm dish Howard, you can go for a reasonably priced DiseqC motor, there is a link to one in one of the other posts for £80 or so.

howard

thnaks m8, is that all I'll need? if the motor moves the dish does it need a positioner to position it?

btw what does an actuator do?

cheers

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
If you have a receiver with DiseqC 1.2, that will be capable of controlling the motor, even DiseqC 1.0 will control certain motors, giving you 4 positions, so you could use it even with your existing receiver.

Actuators are used with the conventional 4 wire systems and can drive much bigger dishes, but if you're only using the 90 cm the DiseqC will suffice.

howard

Thank you once again, I really appreciate your help.

Does anyboby know of a site offering basic information for beginners?

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
I would say that you are already here Howard :) with the search function and loads of members around to answer any additional questions, you should find all of the information that you require.