Dreamload

Wahid

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi folks
Can anybody tell me how to get dreamload back on Magic cam that has been whipped off?
I think the chip is ok, but if we have the dreamload software downloaded using laptop PCMCIA slot, I assume we can reload any penta software on it..
HELP!!!

Wahid

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'll move this to the Magic Module forum Wahid.

If your module's bootloader has been wiped by the timebomb, I believe that whilst people are looking for ways to rewrite it without removing the chip, they have as of yet been unsuccessful.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just had a look at that Satellite Eye, but it doesn't appear to work if there is no dreamload on the CAM.

Wahid

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Absolutly right rolfw.. it is the standard penta software, but no dreamload..I am almost sure that the chip is not realy fried.. it judt wiped out the dreamload from it, and if we can reinstal it using the card reader slot on the laptop, we can reload any penta or tetra software on afterwards.

Wahid

Wahid

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi
Apologies to satellite eyes
It does have dreamload as uploadv2_1.upd file, and you can do it either via laptop or via receiver.
one problem... I cann't reload with dreamload unless the cam is recognised in any shap or form eg UCAS.. mine does not even transmit power.. ie. it is fried by the dammm penta 1.11 and the chip needs to be replaced.
You were right all along rolfw after all.

Wahid

satellite eye

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
there is dreamload software and loader on matrix site however
it appears to have to be loaded on a cam without any form of software,this penta software is often loaded by a dealer prior to sale if this is the case and you have your reciept they have to make sure that the product is fit for the purpose it is bought to use.
some are still saying that copy cams'are the same as the magic.
it all depends where the software has been downloaded from.
www.satpalace.com or somewhere else to make the magic fail,if it is a genuine cam (magic) a authorised dealer will check the serial number and repair the cam for a fee it may be worth following up.it seems to be that people belive a copy cam is the same as a magic because of the sales pitch but without software that you want to use ''how the same''is it.

Wahid

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I read that the chip inside the real one should be Toshiba.. and the damage happened to the non Toshiba-non original cam.
Having said that my 2 cams are originals 1.03 with hologram and serial numbers from uk dealers.. I just don't morally agree on paying fees for someone else's fault.. They should replace the chips for the original cams for free..
I already got the dealer's promise for replacement for a fees of about £40 each.. silly isn't it?

Wahid

satellite eye

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
go to www.satstore.co.uk and look under cams it works out at
£20 each, your dealer is charging to much at £40 each.i am stuck with two matrix cams my orginal axis cam failed and i took it back with receipt because he put the penta 1.10 on it, i managed to get my first matrix back into dreamload before i got hit again.
good luck with your cams'mine are still in dreamload until i have confidence in any of this software.