Dreamup Problem In DM500S

sps79

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My System is Dream Box 500S, StarSat150Dplus, 60,120,180 cm Dish
My Location
New Delhi
can you tell me that null modem cable is 9 pin cable or any more pins I am unbale to dreamup. message show connection prepared, now on the dream box but progress is blank not going blue, and also advise Ip address on my dreamup local Ip address (Pc) & Remote IP (Box) and select on IP I want to know which ip to mention in above Ip.

Please help to install Dreambox

smudgerinho

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500 c/w Fracarro Penta 85 motorised dish range from 4 deg W to 30 deg E
My Location
SCOTLAND
sps79 said:
can you tell me that null modem cable is 9 pin cable or any more pins I am unbale to dreamup. message show connection prepared, now on the dream box but progress is blank not going blue, and also advise Ip address on my dreamup local Ip address (Pc) & Remote IP (Box) and select on IP I want to know which ip to mention in above Ip.

Please help to install Dreambox

9 pin connector

either buy one or make one as per this link

solder pin3 on first connector to pin 2 on second
pin2 to pin3
pin7 to pin 8
pin 8 to pin 7
pin 5 to pin 5
pin 4 to pin6
pin 6 to pin 4

1 .then download something like dreamup ,set up to communicate through serial port (not ip)

2 .get image from net (your preference ,i used gemini), unzip to hard drive, flash image

have a look at klona website,idiots guides too,they are helpful , although at times quite confusing:)

i hope this helps, i set my dreambox up last weekend, it ws tough going ,but i got it going in the end

post back and let me know if you this has helped

_http://www.loop-back.com/null-mod.html

sps79

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My System is Dream Box 500S, StarSat150Dplus, 60,120,180 cm Dish
My Location
New Delhi
Thank you I have solved my problem.