DSR5003 just came home and ive F...up! or not?

boky23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DSR5003 on the way!
My Location
Munich/Germany
hello everybody!!

i just got my reciver 1h ago. it was new and working till i tried to update software.

reciver:

DSR5003 plus

SW version: S02B-2.98RB41.02

Hardware : STS-MB.02A-LIL0

interesting thing was that the hardware version (before ive upgraded the software ) was STS-MB.02A-SZLO. how can that be or what wrong have i done? and now i only see a white stripes on my screen shaking and all headup display lights are ON and blinking :-ohmy

this was the procedure:

switched OFF reciver connected to PC with RS232, null modem

ive run uptoolB34-38-39 and made update with S02B-2.98R-B39.01_21.08.04.bin coz ive found the post on the forum about this reciver. it supose to be working as this thread says http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...-warning-coship-2300-patch-11.html#post139716

but this is what happend :(

any help would be very much apreciated!

plz mail iambreakingtherules@yahoo.com me if u have some other software the could help and have in mind that ive never connected reciver to pc :(

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
So you have loaded a dubious patch from 2004 onto your stb, why did you load such old software? did you not realise the age of that software?

All in all two receivers in a week and you have not managed anything positive yet. Why are you wasting your time and money on old out of date receivers like the ID digital from last week and the DSR5003. If you want to play get a dreambox or a technomate. I'm sorry I have no options for you there may be the possibility of using Jtag to correct your stb but I do not know whether the circuitboard supports jtagging

boky23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DSR5003 on the way!
My Location
Munich/Germany
thanx for ure reply, but some ppl dont have like 300euros for some cool STB and have to buy some crap for 50euros like me :D

the reason i pick this reciver is that i saw it working at my fathers house with all channels that i want to watch so i thought i dont need better one and i think that there was this patch installed coz i remember him saying something about activating emu by pressing 2 times some nummbers.

and Topper dont be suprised that ive installed ages old software. im starting dude... never done this b4...

so please ppl help, u r my only hope to fix this, if its possible

thanx a lot, cheers!

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
If you have a problem with the patch go to the manufacturers web site and try loading the latest official firmware for your receiver, it usually does the trick.

boky23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DSR5003 on the way!
My Location
Munich/Germany
everything is working perfect, since im a noob i installed wrong bootloader and loaded the right software with it...but now its fine

thanx anyway!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I am pleased you have managed to fix the problem, are you getting all the channels you expected?

boky23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DSR5003 on the way!
My Location
Munich/Germany
yea everything works just fine and i have all that i wanted but new LCD 40'' :-rofl2

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
boky23 said:
yea everything works just fine and i have all that i wanted but new LCD 40'' :-rofl2

There's always :-HoHo:-HoHo:-HoHo:-rofl2