Dutch TV reception in Lebanon

My Satellite Setup
HDcom
Humax
My Location
Lebanon
I am relocating to Beirut, Lebanon from Dubai and would like to find out if it is possible to receive from ASTRA the Dutch Canal+ and German TV channels out here.

What dish size is required for receiving ASTRA?

Thanks in advance
 
camelrider2003 said:
I am relocating to Beirut, Lebanon from Dubai and would like to find out if it is possible to receive from ASTRA the Dutch Canal+ and German TV channels out here.

What dish size is required for receiving ASTRA?

Thanks in advance

Take a look at this link for Astra 1M, look for channels under beam heading "Wide" as they are receivable in the ME with a reasonable size dish.
As you can see German channels are there, but not Canal Digitaal.

_http://www.lyngsat.com/astra1m.html

You will need a subscription and a compatible receiver.
 
Or look at 49E on C-Band. Some dutch fta tv and radio there...
 
BombedOne said:
Or look at 49E on C-Band. Some dutch fta tv and radio there...


I have da same opinion

On 49E you can get in C band of course


TV 2 Lorry Danemark

3778 L DVB-S/MPEG-2 1900 7/8

and 3 radios DR1, DR2, DR3

Good luck!
 
Perhaps I am wrong, but I think that the problem with 49E is that C band is not that popular in the ME.
What is the cost of a C band LNB compared to Ku band?
 
49E is no choice for dutch content. 3778L carries danish programming. So besides BVN on 13E the only choice is 19.2E and 23.5E. A rough guess based on the very few signal reports from the Eastern Mediterranean leads me to believe that you might need 3-4m solid dish of high quality to get most or even all frequencies.
 
HB13DISH said:
Take a look at this link for Astra 1M, look for channels under beam heading "Wide" as they are receivable in the ME with a reasonable size dish.
As you can see German channels are there, but not Canal Digitaal.

_http://www.lyngsat.com/astra1m.html

You will need a subscription and a compatible receiver.

I asked around a bit out here and they adviced me to get a 1.8m offset dish. German channels should come through clear. Suppossedly Dutch channels should be receivable as well. Still need to see it with my own eyes.

 
1.8m Offset is surely undersized but you might get quite some frequencies parttime a day. Let us know if you've found out more.
 
Hi

I get one tp from astra 1h in famagusta cyprus for canal digital(12344h) with an 80cm.Its just above the threshold for me but watchable.Also some other channels on 1M wide with strong signal

Also i get about the same signal from 1G at 23E on some tpx for canal digital
I think this sat might be moving soon though

I am less than 150 miles from the Lebanese coast
 
Back
Top