DVB Viewer and C*n@x

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
I was looking at some other posts and so I know that I'm not alone, just wondered if anyone had worked out a way to get the conaxx stuff to work properly in DVB Viewer. Some channels work some of the time, others the horizontal sync is out so the channel is slanted and others nothing.

Also anyone know how to get s2emu to work with DVB Viewer, since if i copy it in mdplugins i get some error message are load time, which is covered by the DVB Viewer splash screen so that I cannot read the message, which is idiotic. S2emu goes in to the plugins menu but fails to latch on to any of the data.

So any ideas how to go about getting this sorted, I really like DVB Viewer apart from these problems on thor.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Don't know what version you have, but AFAIK only the later 'full' versions work with MDplugins. I also believe that they suck, and are therefore not very popular!

If you read the text that accompanies much of the plugin software, you will see what applications they test their software with. That's a huge giveaway as to what it will work best with. ;)

STICK

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
Correct I have a full version, v2.2 infact. The thing is, I feel that DVB Viewer is a very very good program, and much better made than many others. However its big let down is the plugins interface. I suspect that I am unliekly to find the information I need, so I will probably have to continue using progDVB or similar for the channels that dont work properly with y@nkse.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I agree with you totally. It's a real shame that the DVB Viewer author doesn't fix the plugin gremlins. It's a great piece if code, but about as much use as a chocolate teapot without the slick MD interface.

ProgDVB gets better with every release though, so we're very lucky really. Not that I use that either!