DVB Viewer Full Version

ecotrojan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dell XPS Gen 5
OK no worries

1st things 1st uninstall progDVB.
Then goto the folder through windows explorer and delete anything that is left , then delete the ProgDVB folder from your C: drive.

2nd. Reinstall ProgDVB
3rd. make sure your satellite dish is pointing to Hotbird <----- very important else this is a waste of time then click 'Settings' then 'DisEqc'. Clicl on little green light in window and push button 'Add LNB'. Use drop down box to locate 'Hotbird'. When found click ok / apply and once again click OK.
4th. Click 'Channel list' then 'Channel search' and point the channel search to Hotbird (should be the only Satellite in the list). Scan transponder Hotbird for all available channels (takes about 5 - 10 mins)
5th. Close ProgDVB
6th. Place all s2emu files in ProgDVB folder
7th. Place softkey in ProgDVB folder
8th. Run ProgDVb
9th. Click Plugins on menu at top of screen. Ensure 'enabled' is ticked' and 'AutoECM' is ticked.
10th goto channels list and open up each folder. you will see green 'V' for open channels and red 'V' for encrypted channels. Click on each channel. (theres 1000s of channels in total and this will take a while. The software will decrypt the channel and bingo.

This is how i did it.

Satellite-tv-fan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Quad core 4GB Ram Vista 64bit 24&quot; 245B Samsung widescreen TFT. Nvidia Zotac 8800GT AMP! Edition 512MB graphics card + Skystar 2 sat tv card with DVB Viewer Pro 3.9
Intel mac mini dual core
with eyetv 3.0.1 running Cinergy S USB satellite box
1m Fu
My Location
East Sussex
ecotrojan thnaks for going though all this but you did'nt need to really! I have been using Prog DVB for tha last year or so I am very familiar with setting up etc. I am decoding certain scranbled channels now on 19 east and Hotbird with S2emu. All I am wanting actually is the latest softcam.key file which has the keys for the Sky Italia ' S*ca channels as mine does not decode amounst others the Studio UNiversal channel another guy mentioned, on 12.731 I think

Btw with 'found' channels in info I get missing : S*ca2.cfg ???

Also I have found another plugin like s2emu called NVcam, anyone tried this ?

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Which ver of S2emu have you got there ??

You should have all of these

L.

Satellite-tv-fan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Quad core 4GB Ram Vista 64bit 24&quot; 245B Samsung widescreen TFT. Nvidia Zotac 8800GT AMP! Edition 512MB graphics card + Skystar 2 sat tv card with DVB Viewer Pro 3.9
Intel mac mini dual core
with eyetv 3.0.1 running Cinergy S USB satellite box
1m Fu
My Location
East Sussex
Lancelot said:
Which ver of S2emu have you got there ??

You should have all of these

L.

Well no I've not got all those bin files just s2emu and softcam.key plus the S2emu_mod.dll. Version is latest 1.1.4.1

DVB-slut

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Dynamic Decoder
90cm Dish
USALS Motor
SkyStar2 PCI
PROG DVB
DVB VIEWER
My Location
California
Hey guys

I am also having issues with DVB Viewer. I would love to download ProgDVB but I have a sky star USB card and Prog doesn’t support that. I also didn’t get the idiots guide to DVB viewer. Can some one give me some clear instructions on how to use soft cams and keys with DVB Viewer.

Thanks

James

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
I worked on DVB viewer all day last week and still didnt get anything going,guess im a dummy , Forget everything except ProgDVB and you will be watching tv like the rest of us .

vsvvijay

Reaction score
iam having life view fly dvbs satelite card.it is not working with progdvb and my theater is there any solution to use this software with my card.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
DVB-slut said:
Hey guys

I am also having issues with DVB Viewer. I would love to download ProgDVB but I have a sky star USB card and Prog doesn’t support that. I also didn’t get the idiots guide to DVB viewer. Can some one give me some clear instructions on how to use soft cams and keys with DVB Viewer.

Thanks

James

ProgDVB works fine with the Skystar2 USB. Only difference is the driver. There is even a version of the modified MiBi driver for the USB version (4.3), but use at your own risk. It's experimental.

STICK