BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Hmm, that's not sounding so good.

Sounds like you may have actually deleted them somehow. How much free space does the Dreambox report on the HDD (and how big is the HDD)?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
BGonaSTICK said:
Hmm, that's not sounding so good.

Sounds like you may have actually deleted them somehow. How much free space does the Dreambox report on the HDD (and how big is the HDD)?

Wont tell me, get the marks something like this at top ##. Updated flash again manually with DCC into Expert set up, software update,manual update, updated root.camfs in temp still no joy. Another thing i noticed everytime i go into the web interface i have to put in dreambox passwords all the time. Might be just the Gemeni Image though. If I dont sort it out by sat I will reformat the HDD. All my XXX gone gone gone and they were good ones. Will have to stay up late again. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Thanks Haggard/BeGonnaStick

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
john_graydon said:
Re flashed yesterday with FWP with basic image to flash and i even deleted images in multiboot and loaded fresh ones in again. Went into root then /hdd just all blank there. At top of screen Disk space //DiskGB// //DiskH // 12.23H up. Went into DCC and into tools then into send command. Reload recordings & got message to say success, but still nothing. The problem happened when i unzipped the folder for hydra control panel. Put the unzipped FOLDER in /tmp and when it did`nt work I realised I put the wrong item in, it should not have been unzipped. So I deleted the 7000 folder in temp and i noticed it was rather taking a long time but left it to do its job. Then i put in the unzipped version and done the rest via the remote on dreambox. All worked fine until i noticed no HD no movies. So went investaging and tried to find the directory via ftp but couldnt find it. Did not touch anything else or deleted anything. I know its there somewhere, but where.
Are you ftping from Mac or PC John?

I too put the contents of the unzipped /var folder into /var/tmp and couldnt see CP to addon. I did this because the hydra site said "download the files to /var/tmp". I then remembeerd seeing .tar.gz when dowloading things from CP in the past so put CP7000.tar.gz in the /var/tmp and of course, that works. I too tried to delete the useless contents of /var/tmp but my ftp client (IE) said I didnt have enough privileges. Today they are gone because in unix, things in /tmp get dumped on reboot. I didnt know that till today. The OS uses /tmp as well. Did you lose the /tmp folder? Should be easy to create one and reboot.

Now, some Mac applications for DB have some movie restore buttons. I pressed it once and got back (not wantingly) all the ones I had deleted.
I think it might even restore the playlist.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
haggard said:
Are you ftping from Mac or PC John?

I too put the contents of the unzipped /var folder into /var/tmp and couldnt see CP to addon. I did this because the hydra site said "download the files to /var/tmp". I then remembeerd seeing .tar.gz when dowloading things from CP in the past so put CP7000.tar.gz in the /var/tmp and of course, that works. I too tried to delete the useless contents of /var/tmp but my ftp client (IE) said I didnt have enough privileges. Today they are gone because in unix, things in /tmp get dumped on reboot. I didnt know that till today. The OS uses /tmp as well. Did you lose the /tmp folder? Should be easy to create one and reboot.

Now, some Mac applications for DB have some movie restore buttons. I pressed it once and got back (not wantingly) all the ones I had deleted.
I think it might even restore the playlist.

I have a PC and was using DCC as ftp. Tmp Folder is still there with a few items in it. HDD folder is empty.

121fred

Reaction score
My Location
Tasmania Australia
Hi Haggard

What MAC apps for dream do you know of?

Thanks 121fred

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
john_graydon said:
I have a PC and was using DCC as ftp. Tmp Folder is still there with a few items in it. HDD folder is empty.
Getting desperate but try
web browser http://192.168.0.24 (or what your DB IP is)
choose button CONTROL next to ZAP
then from list of options down left hand side, try RECOVER MOVIES

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
121fred said:
Hi Haggard

What MAC apps for dream do you know of?

Thanks 121fred

I use DreamXman
• It is excellent for flashing image.
Has one mini bug, if the image is in a folder with extension .img it thinks folder is an image and won't go inside. so rename folder
• It allows backup to Mac hdd
• In principle, if you tell it the path to application VLC under settings, it will stream. It works for some, but not for me.

Also there is DreamstreamX which offers chance to create and edit bouquets but it has bugs also, a bouquet of - say- football channels is OK till its loaded but if they are from different sats, one sat gets unloaded
It also should stream via VLC but again that doesnt work for me.

And not forgetting Safari or Firefox; with VLC installed, browse to your DB, choose a channel or a movie, wait till vpid appears, click on active link and then streaming does work and how. . . . You just have to make sure that the little playlist file downloaded (video.pls) is set to call VLC by default.
I reckon you really need a cat cable and 100Mbps router for streaming (not 10Mbps) and if wireless (to airport on Mac) then check your Mac cos my G4 tit airport is not fast enough, & not upgradable. needs 54Mbps.

121fred

Reaction score
My Location
Tasmania Australia
Thanks haggard

I'll give dreamxman a try. I've had limited success with dreamstreamx also. The programmer never replies to mails and the registration site for the program is not correct and your mail is returned. All very frustrating as I think this program has fantastic potential e.g. direct record to Mac etc if only it would work!

cheers 121fred

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
haggard said:
Getting desperate but try
web browser http://192.168.0.24 (or what your DB IP is)
choose button CONTROL next to ZAP
then from list of options down left hand side, try RECOVER MOVIES

Tried that already, resigned to losing them all now. So if anyone delets anything in tmp folder be careful. Would`nt mind if i was deleting files left right and center but only the 1 file. Will wait till Sat though.