dvd recorder liteOn5006

H.GEE

Am looking at this recorder...the price is my limit £130 and wonder if it makes sense to go for a cheap model..alba and goodmans are even cheaper.. as I only want to record tv programmes and do away with the vcr. I wonder if I need a single or dual format recorder as this also dictates price. Have read a lot of posts about dvd but it would be better to get feedback from people that have similar low price recorders. appreciate any advise.

My Satellite Setup
TM-1500 CI
My Location
south
HELLO,I HAVE THIS DVD RECORDER THE FIRST ONE HAD TO GO BACK ,THE PRESENT ONE HAS HAD A FEW PROBS. THE SOUND FROM THE INBUILT TUNER IS A BIT NAF BUT IT IS OK IF YOUR USING EXTERNAL INPUTS . IT DOESN`T LIKE EMI DVD + RWs AND DOESN`T ALWAYS SEE THE DISK FIRST TRY BUT WHEN IT DOES WORK IT WORKS WELL.

H.GEE

ellis thanks for your reply...seems that with dvd, at whatever price and make , youre lucky if you get a dvd recorder that functions properly all the time.. thats why I feel its best to buy a cheap one, as it the first one, and its not such a loss if it lets you down.

joshjess

Just bought a Bush DVD recorder from B&Q of all places!! cost just £99, can't go wrong at this price, picture very clean and sharp sound is Coaxal and optical out as well as having 6 channel RCA outputs to connect to amp. I am connecting them to my 5.1 surround sound headphones. Also has one touch recording and you can plug a camcorder directly in the front and transfer to DVD!

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
joshjess said:
Just bought a Bush DVD recorder from B&Q of all places!! cost just £99, can't go wrong at this price
Interested how it goes - keep up posted... please