DVI to VGA on dm800. Is this possible?

gawdblesshim

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
GLASGOW
Hi i've been unimpressed with the dvi-hdmi picture quality so have been trying dvi-vga (using a converter) with no luck. I set the video output to dvi-pc on the dm800 but when i send it to my projector i only get the green signal. Sending it to my pc monitor gives me nothing at all, and its the same with another tv i have with vga input. Ive tried 3 vga cables, 2 dvi-vga adapters and 2 dm800s all with the same result.

Any ideas? Am i being daft?

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
If I'm not mistaken the DVI output on the DM is Digital only, whereas VGA is analogue.

You can get a device called a HD Fury. (I use one myself to connect my blue ray player to my non HDCP compliant TV)

The HD Fury will convery the DVI/HDMI signal from digital to analogue and handle the HDCP handshake if needed. There about £50.00

I can't see the picture quality being better using VGA though, In theory it should be worse as you are converting the signal.

gawdblesshim

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
GLASGOW
Rick said:
If I'm not mistaken the DVI output on the DM is Digital only, whereas VGA is analogue.

You can get a device called a HD Fury. (I use one myself to connect my blue ray player to my non HDCP compliant TV)

The HD Fury will convery the DVI/HDMI signal from digital to analogue and handle the HDCP handshake if needed. There about £50.00

I can't see the picture quality being better using VGA though, In theory it should be worse as you are converting the signal.

Cheers mate. If only dvbseller had told me that when i contacted them rather than asking me to return my unit to china...