e2 epg problem in nabilo v10

shirehorse99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox dm8000 with 4tuners dvd and 1Tb HD + 3 Dm500s
My Location
South Wales, UK
guys - have asked this question in a couple of forums
just installed nab10 on dm8000 every thing working well except one little problem. After updating channel-list on the sky epg download i have all the channels epg for 7 days except for my local itv1 region (wales) . Scrolling through channel-list and i cant find it anywhere(although there are a couple of different itv regions)

so helpful people - how do i add it???

healeydave

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IT: 1 x iMax 27" Quad Core, 2 x iMac 24" (running OSX & OSX Server) 1 x Macbook Air
AV: MacMini Plex Media Centre, SpearNZB Episode Downloader, DM500, DM8000
My Location
uk
Sounds like your works better than mine!

Mine downloads loads of data when I change to the radio channel, but whether any data turns up on some channels seems to be intermittent.

For Example:
I did it just this morning, when I brought up my epg, on the first part of my list (my channels are in sky order), it only showed data on bbc1 and on Dave, all the other channels were empty, stuff that should have definitely had data like sky 1 , sky 2 etc.

I'm not that bothered because the EPG system is rather poor on these boxes compared to Tivo. One of the reason's I bought the DM8000 is because of its simultaneous output. This enables me to watch live tv in High Def and use the Tivo to do all the PVR functionality. It means my recordings are only in SD but thats a small price to pay to keep the PVR & EPG of the Tivo!!

Until I can get proper PVR functionality on one of these boxes with a full EPG database that will support "Season Pass", "Wishlists" etc and have a couple of weeks of guide data, I am never going to be able to use this basic "now & next" rubbish :-)

Sorry this doesn't help answer your question though.

shirehorse99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales, UK
Dave I know what you mean regarding epg data - i had the same problem when i had my dm7025 running.

just an update- i have bought a cf card to store the data instead of using the hdd and have set it up . but now i have nothing - same as you dave. Cannot see CF card and changed it back to hdd thinking cf card was a dud one. did a manual download back onto the hdd and now nothing - 7 day epg info is there when you go into single or multi epg but not there in bouquets as before - help anyone????

did anyone else have trouble getting their cf card into the slot. seems slightly out of line

shirehorse99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales, UK
another update regarding cf card - It worked OK when allowed to download on auto cycle overnight but on a forced download gaps everywhere?

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland

shirehorse99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales, UK
cheers tom - Ive tried following your tutorial - but i cannot find a cccam channelinfo file with itv1 wales in - anyone got it in their channel.uk file???

heres my channel.uk file

tlj999

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM500s, DM800HD, Sky+, minidish, Fortek star 90cm dish, Fortek Star Motor.
My Location
Newcastle England
healeydave said:
Sounds like your works better than mine!

Mine downloads loads of data when I change to the radio channel, but whether any data turns up on some channels seems to be intermittent.

For Example:
I did it just this morning, when I brought up my epg, on the first part of my list (my channels are in sky order), it only showed data on bbc1 and on Dave, all the other channels were empty, stuff that should have definitely had data like sky 1, sky 2 etc.

Hi Healydave,

I had the same problem but on my DM800.
If you look at all the services available on 28.2, I found that there would be more than 1 BBC, ITV, Sky 1, etc. etc......
Only some of them would display in the EPG.
I had to delete some of the chanells from my bouquets and add the ones which where updated on the EPG. If you know what I mean.
I hope this helps.

Regards,
Tom.

healeydave

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IT: 1 x iMax 27" Quad Core, 2 x iMac 24" (running OSX & OSX Server) 1 x Macbook Air
AV: MacMini Plex Media Centre, SpearNZB Episode Downloader, DM500, DM8000
My Location
uk
Hi Tom,
Thanks for the advice.

I noticed that, for example, I think if you try and use your local channel (e.g. ITV Central/Midlands), instead of ITV London, I think you lose EPG data which is a pain because no-one wants local news for London when they don't live there, so it seems you have to weigh up whether you value the EPG over out-of-area channel programming :-(

Having said that, I still have a question mark over the EPG's consistency though!

The other day I put the guide up and it was pretty well populated, I changed to a Music channel which updated the data. When I put the guide back up, I had very little data again, as if the most recent download wiped out the previously better download.

Update:
I currently have quite a comprehensive EPG for some reason, not sure why its having a good day :-)

I have noticed something strange though!!

I have put some screen grabs below, notice in grab-1 on the Channel Listings screen, ITV, Channel4 & Five are missing the program information.

The same is true in grab-2 in the EPG Multi screen.

In grab-3, the program information turns up when I zap to Channel4!

One time when I did this, the program information also turned up when I went back into the EPG Multi screen. ITV also populated after zapping to that channel too!

However, after changing channels a few times and flicking into EPG Multi and the Channel Listings screen, the program information disappeared again :-(

I also found its not possible to make this happen every time, it seems to be intermittent which suggests there is a bug in the software!

grab-1.jpg

grab-2.jpg

grab-3.jpg

shirehorse99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales, UK
dave

go into satellites 28.2E services and you will notice that there are more than version of five , channel4, sky sports etc (some of these are for ireland or for pubs)
Find the one that has a full channel list by going through them pressing the info button and then import these into your sky bouquet . I nearly have them all now.