easyMobile...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Well, when they say No frills, they mean it!!! I got my new easyMobile sim today, and they're so no-frills that they haven't even printed anything on the Sim itself!!! It's just a plain white card!!! :D

Anyway, with this new sim I get a much stronger signal than with my Virgin sim, which I like a lot, but anyway, I like the 5p texts, half of what I was paying with Virgin, AND I got to pick my own number instead of having to go with an off-the-shelf one.... :D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
They obviously use different networks, do you know who you are connecting to?

I seem to remember that Virgin were using T Mobile, but haven't heard of the other one, but whatever the case, will only give you a local advantage.

Where I live, Vodaphone is better, slightly, but half a mile down the road, my O2 phone works better, it is purely a local thing. Obviously the bigger companies and sim shifters using them, will give better all round coverage.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
rolfw said:
They obviously use different networks, do you know who you are connecting to?

I seem to remember that Virgin were using T Mobile, but haven't heard of the nother one.

Not a clue, I'll pop the card into one of my older spare mobiles later and see if that comes up with the "compatible" operator name (my Virgin sim came up with one2one (T-Robbery-Mobile) on my old Nokia 5146, but i broke the aerial on that)...

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The easy mobile site says they are using T Mobile :-lmao

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, well I could be wrong about Virgin then. :) Unless of course they use turbo sims

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Analoguesat said:
The easy mobile site says they are using T Mobile :-lmao

As their carrier I guess, like VirginMobile... :D

As long as Thieving-Mobile don't touch my account I'll be happy.... :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
2cvbloke said:
my old Nokia 5146, but i broke the aerial on that)...

You and technology really dont get on do you?? :-doh!

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Analoguesat said:
You and technology really dont get on do you?? :-doh!

What makes you say that? The phone only cost me a pound.... :-rofl2

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Actually looking at the e-mail easyMobile sent me, the default pin is 1210, which was (and still is) the default one2one/T-mobster pin.... :-rofl2

harrowwoman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
One dish 1.5cm with 3 LNBs picking up Hotbird,Arabsat,Astra
old Echostar receiver, GlobalStar 6000i
My Location
Harrow,Middlesex, UK
Hi all,
I am off to India in December for two weeks well earned holiday. WIll start in Bombay, then be travelling to Cochin and Agra. I would like to keep in touch with the internet while I am there. My mobile is an MDA Vario, with T-Mobile. They charge an arm and a leg to send/receive calls and much more to use Internet, so I was thinking perhaps I can buy a local chip to use there? I dont have a laptop either and wont be buying one before I go, no point for two weeks.Anyone have any ideas?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Post this as an Off Topic thread authorised by me, in the Indian DTH section, somebody there will be able to give you some pointers, as many/most of the posters there, live in India. :)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, easyMobile's going down the pan thanks to their partner TDC pulling out, so it's a case of move to FreshMobile or transfer your number elsewhere by the 13th December... :(

I really screwed up there didn't I? :D