Echostar 808 2ci

G

GeoffH

I have just downloaded the latest OTA sofware on my reciever and also printed out the new instructuction manual from the echostar web site .Although it has chapter headings saying delete satellite or transponder , it does'nt actually tell you how to do it ( or i'm going blind in old age ) .
So my two questions are :-
1/ Is it possible to delete all the unused satellites from the menu ? .
2/ Is it possible to delete unused or mistakenly entered transpoders from the list .
Also I am using a 90 cm dish in Gloucestershire and recieve a good signal on one of the Russian transonders at 40 deg east , but after each search it comes up with " no new channels found " , has anyone had any luck picking any stations up from this satellite ? .

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
am1r-5.gif

Just had a look at the footprint for the transponder you are probably trying to watch, doesn't look good for UK reception.

geir17

Reaction score
Hi,

I get a similar problem using this receiver on a diseq 1.2 rotor. Sometimes if I change from say 13 degrees to 28 it does not receive a signal, only tweaking around with the channel search brings the signal back in. V Strange.

chriss

Reaction score
geir17 said:
Hi,

I get a similar problem using this receiver on a diseq 1.2 rotor. Sometimes if I change from say 13 degrees to 28 it does not receive a signal, only tweaking around with the channel search brings the signal back in. V Strange.
I had a similar problem due to the recent wind (external, not internal) moving the dish.
I had to re-align my dish with the motor mount on 1W, then plumb-in all the satellites again.
Now I can get most satellites from 50E to 50W.
My advice is to align carefully - dont rush it, and make sure your nuts are tight.

Cheers,
chriss

andredigital

Reaction score
GeoffH said:
I have just downloaded the latest OTA sofware on my reciever and also printed out the new instructuction manual from the echostar web site .Although it has chapter headings saying delete satellite or transponder , it does'nt actually tell you how to do it ( or i'm going blind in old age ) .
So my two questions are :-
1/ Is it possible to delete all the unused satellites from the menu ? .
2/ Is it possible to delete unused or mistakenly entered transpoders from the list .
Also I am using a 90 cm dish in Gloucestershire and recieve a good signal on one of the Russian transonders at 40 deg east , but after each search it comes up with " no new channels found " , has anyone had any luck picking any stations up from this satellite ? .
pls tell me were can i download the software for this receiver i have the same receiver
did he open the scramble channels?