Echostar DVR-7000

My Satellite Setup
PC with WinTV+Freeview
TV with Freeview
My Location
Somerset Levels
I've just been given a Echostar DVR-7000, I am a complete novice to all this and wondered what It is and what I can do with it.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
lester1966 said:
I've just been given a Echostar DVR-7000, I am a complete novice to all this and wondered what It is and what I can do with it.
What can you do with it?.....:-doh! Well my first suggestion is give it to me I will find a nice spot for it under my telly. lol

Here are some details for you but in laymans terms it is a digital satellite receiver with hard drive... Nice mate you have got there do not know how good it is but if you google for it I am sure you will find a review

Welcome to the forum by the way

My Satellite Setup
PC with WinTV+Freeview
TV with Freeview
My Location
Somerset Levels
:-beer for that. The reciever is new, I've been onto the Echostar website but there are no manuals for it, i'll call them on monday. In order to get any use out of it I assume I need a sat dish? Where do I start?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Go here:

_http://www.echostar-int.com/indexie3.htm

then support, then downloads, then manuals, then the manual is on the fifth or sixth page.

Orthoclipse

My Satellite Setup
Various
There are manuals for the DVR7000 on echostar site.
_www.echostar.nl/downloads/manuals/dvr7000hdd_b_1d_us.zip

And you will need a dish and feedhorn.

My Satellite Setup
PC with WinTV+Freeview
TV with Freeview
My Location
Somerset Levels
Thanks, just downloaded the pdf file. OK, what dish? Dare I ask what a feedhorn is? Is there a good website to get the basic info or is it here?