Edision OS Mio+4k - hand-holding needed

peapod1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Edision Mio 4k UHD, Fracarro Penta 85 with Inverto Black Ultra LNB. Technomate 2600 motor. Technomate 6902hd and 1m Gibertini in France.
My Location
Wiltshire UK and Bandol, France
Not wishing to hijack Stevenvc19's recent thread on the Mio, but I find myself in the same boat. Total Linux newbie and youth is not on my side either.
Notwithstanding, my Mio 4k+ is up and running on Openvix (of sorts). The receiver is talking to the dish, and the dish is correctly tracking the arc courtesy of USAL's and the install wizard. I've added Vhannibal's channel list (from the USB I think/hope), and I've created the Freesat bouquets. In hindsight, that was the easy part.

Things that puzzled me :
- setup menu defaulted to LNB69, with no apparent way to change it to LNB1
- page up/page down on the remote links to satellite list rather than the channel list. Can I change this?
- should the receiver on start up go straight to last channel viewed? Mine presents the setup menu.

Next step is for me to set up the epg and install picons (Ocram OK?). Are these best achieved by downloading from the receiver to a usb rather than saving to the internal 8Gb flash? Will I then be able to create a simple favorites list for everyday viewing? Madame will require this.

Basic questions I know, but I'm asking because the Vix manual or Google at times gives conflicting or out-of-date advice. Grateful for any pointers from the knowledgeable people here.

Stevenvc19

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3x Edision Primo S2:
30W
5W
0.8W
4.3E
9E
13E
19.2E
28.2E
My Location
Willebroek Belgium
It should be possible to change the key bindings of the remote. It also should be possible to go straight to the last channel viewed.But I can't tell you how you do this for your image!

peapod1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Edision Mio 4k UHD, Fracarro Penta 85 with Inverto Black Ultra LNB. Technomate 2600 motor. Technomate 6902hd and 1m Gibertini in France.
My Location
Thanks for responding. With perseverance I've I've managed to answer most of my questions. I have a functioning epg, picons and a basic favorites bouquet.
I've not yet succeeded in re-mapping the page up/down button to move rapidly through the All Channels bouquet, and I've not figured out how to default to my favorites list each time I press the Fav button.
Apart from that, the Mio is a great little unit, especially for someone who knows their way around E2. I've got a long way to go, and I'm not getting any younger...

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
when you press the down arrow, you get a menu, from there you can select either ALL CHANNELS across ALL Satellites (the dish will move accordingly) with the RED button, OR you can select a specific satellite's channels with the GREEN button, or you can choose from your channel lists "bouquet" aka "favourites" with the BLUE button

not sure if this answers your query or not.

peapod1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
OK, down arrow-red Button-blue button takes me to my favorites from wherever I am. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Now I just need a way to configure page up/down buttons to move swiftly down a channel list and life would be sweet...

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
left and right arrows, pages up and down a channel list mate.