edit satellites list in motor settings menu quickly.

danielb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 1.1m, Dm500s
My Location
birmingham uk
Is there a way to delete the satellites from this list quickly? Pressing the red button of each one is gonna take a while lol. Is there a file the list is stored on?

Many thanks

BM300

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, 7020, 800HD
HD-USB
8 Dishes
My Location
UAE
The quick way is by using DreamSet program.
Simply connect to your box download your channel and satellite list.
Delete what you do not want and resend the list back to your box.
Restart your receiver.
You are done.

danielb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 1.1m, Dm500s
My Location
birmingham uk
Thanks, but Bloody awful software lol, keeps crashing.

So i edited the satelites.xml file manually. No idea what it did, the transponder search list still has every dish listed?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I am not sure what you are trying to do, but I were to clean the whole lot and leave only lets say only 28.2 east on there I would do the following:

Make a backup of your dreambox with FWP , just in case :)

1) Open your settings with dreamboxedit.
2) Sort the stations by sat position, make sure to have select "all types" and "all satellites"
3) Mark all stations from -45° to 19 east and delete. That might take a few minutes. Then repeat for the sats from 28 onwards.
4) Then you could go to the right side of the screen where the buquets are (Buckets in English :) ), right click on TV user buquets and "remove empty". Remove anything else you don't need anymore.
5) Then comes the important bit: Go to "tools" on the top menu, first click "Update satellites.xml" and after that "clear" - that will leave you with a simple and clean satellites.xml.
6) Important: Safe the new set "save as" in a new location.
7) Send the lot back to the dreambox, make sure to have the "remove unused buquets" option on, otherwise you'll be left with garbage. Press reload setings on dreambox.
8) Go to the service searching, satellite configuration, and set it to single sat 28.2. Reboot the dreambox.

After reboot you will find it all clean and tidy.

Even if you go now and change it back into "Diseqc" it will only have one sat on there.

Hope this helps :)

danielb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 1.1m, Dm500s
My Location
birmingham uk
T_G said:
I am not sure what you are trying to do

The transponder search menus, they have every dish listed. The same as the satellite configuration menu. I only ever use -30e +30w i wanted to know if there was a way to edit these menus so only these satellites are listed.

I dont want to edit my services/channel list or bouquets, they are fine. I want to edit the built in setup menus. :)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
OK, with the method I explained you can delete any satellites you don't want. They will disappear from the menus once you deleted the channels that are on sats you don't want.

danielb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 1.1m, Dm500s
My Location
birmingham uk
Ok matey moo. Ill have a look at that tomorrow thanks.