Electricity Competition German Style

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
If you are not into saving a bob or two - pass over this post - its a littleO-zzz

Just got a flyer through the door from yet another lecky company. PC was already on so I compared their prices to two others. As you can see - all these companies are highly competitive, LOL.

0.1784 Euro/kWh => Vattenfall
0.1769 Euro/kWh => NuonEnergie
0.1779 Euro/kWh => Yello Strom

Needless to say, I have already worked out that Vattenfall (my energy co.) is in line for a bumper €500+ bank transfer - on top of the €90.00 which I have debited every two months. [read: I am convinced that my meter is working in old east german units or something] Bastards.

Oh, and the usual residual current probs and no proper earth [we don't do separate earth in Germany]:eek: Correction: there is an earth running through the apartment, but at the breaker box, it is joined to the neg rail.

OK - rant over.:toke:

Marts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90 cm dish + two LNB 13/19 E
90 cm dish + one LNB 30 W
Humax 5400 .. Oh and cable for Mrs Marts (smilie here)
My Location
Gozo - Malta
At least you have electricity .. we rely mainly on candles .. and not in any romantic sense either
sunglasses2.gif

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
I tried to find cheaper electricity here last month, went to powergen's (part of e-on?) site, filled in a few details about usage and it told me to switch now to save - £70 a year. Yes, save minus £70 a year, at least they didn't cover up that they were £6 a month more than Scottish Power.

When I first went to Spain we had a meter than refused to turn, for two whole years it didn't register one unit of consumption...

Prices look high in Germany. €0.1784, about 11 UK pence. Is that the standard day and night rate? I pay 11p per KWh peak time (during the day), but 4p at night...I can see this turning into a how much do you pay for power thread...

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I signed a form awhile ago committing me to British Gas until 2010. Cost me £50 for gas and electricity and so far I've avoided 35% of increased charges. Pays to be a gambler.;)

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
PoloMint said:
Is that the standard day and night rate? I pay 11p per KWh peak time (during the day), but 4p at night....

Thats their standard rate. I have asked three times for a dual meter (flash & digital and don't lie). Always been given some story why I can't have that tariff.U-zzz

Insomniacs don't make good healthy profits for energy companies)(-red

One company, to be fair, was offering a €50 'gift token' by way of suggestion: i.e., use 220000.06777 kWH with us and not your company and you will save €50 over the year. Hardly an incentive when my overall bill will run to near €1000.00 this year :confused (I live alone??).

Oh, and our VAT goes up in January to some unearthly percent (19% I think). Don't know about the UK, but here you pay energy tax on what you use, then on top of that comes the VAT.

I am beginning to dislike Germany intensly.'O'-red

Maybe I should use more candles? Eff that. I going to look into generator prices.

:toke: :toke: :toke: :toke: :toke: