elevation+deklination

westsider

Reaction score
i have hirschmann 3602 ci digital receiver and it supports diseqc 1.2 and i want to buy motor has 75west 75 east funktion and 15-75 gradus elevation but my receiver has builtinpositioner and it has only east-west button.how can i adjust elevation?i need eurasiasat 42 e and also astra hotbird hispasat eutelsat w4 most of them need 34 gradus elevation but eurasiasat needs 25 graduss.can anyone help me?is it automatised or ?....?
what is the matter how can i solve this problem....if receiver elevetes it itself then i have no more problem but i don#t know the answer

who knows?

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Hello -:)

Satellite motor mounts will take care of the problem if you set them up in the correct manner as they are built to follow the arc that the Satellites are positioned in.

If you buy a DiSEqc motor it will perform as you require, if set up properly.

You don't say how big your dish is.
If it is larger than 100cm then you will need a larger 36v type motor but you will be able to use your built in positioner in the reciever to make this work so you have the choice of both systems.

L.

westsider

Reaction score
i have 100 cm dish.so you say that there is no problem with elevation yea?i know how to find a satellite on the air.have bought a satfinder.i want to know exactly how does it work this dish.every satellite has it#s own elevation.from east to west levation grows.and how does it work i can#t guess.i can find null position for antenna and there is no problem with finding grads but problem is elevation.can you explain me that please?

Satslut

Dumb Satellite Babe
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500CIP
Force 1145S
Pace 2600
SS2 pci & USB
Channel master 1.8m
1.2m & HH motor
AMD 64 bit, Linux & Windows XP2
My Location
Ibiza, Spain
First you set your mounting pole at absolute verticle.
Second, you mount your motor in its zero position, pointing TRUE South, not magnetic.
Mount your dish on the motor with the LNB at absolute verticle.
Find out the latitude & longditude of your dish mounting point ( I use a Garmin GPS )
Go on the internet and search "satellite dish elevation" and get your elevation and degree position for the THOR satellite at 1 degree West, by entering your lat & long numbers.
Set your motor to the elevation & 1 degree, tilt your dish back or forward, ( this is the de-inclination ) pick up the signal and fine tune it. LOCK IT ALL OFF
Your dish will now be set up to get any satellite by just going east or west. It will automatically tilt and turn as you go