Elevation question

kb91058

Reaction score
Ok, alignment is probably still out as no Hispasat, on reflection I locked dish on 1 degree west when I found it rather than due south, will progress that later.

Found reason why I'm not getting as many channels as I should, network search was off as my default on the receiver, since I've changed it I'm getting a whole load more channels.

To summarise, getting a load East direction including Hotbird (850) Astra 1 (550ish) and a load on Astra 2. None in the west, wait to re-align.

I'm missing some channels which I had previously on analogue e.g. Eurosport and DSF.

Searched DSF on net, 11523 H tp21, pal, 7.02 or 7.20 what is the other co-ordinate 22500 or something like 27500 ?

Why can't I get this ? I've tried manual input but no success.

Any ideas ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you are using the analogue loopthrough on the receiver, you should still be able to get your analogue channels. With regard to Hispasat, have a good check on the transponder frequency, make sure it is available at your location, there are a couple of satellites in between which can be found to at least guage your alignment.

kb91058

Reaction score
One reason for the new receiver is to get rid of analogue, however Technomate has A & D but I'm trying DSF and Eurosport on 19 degrees digital.

Any solution ?

G

GotMyBusPass

A fewpoints.

The SG2100 motor has two scales. on one side latitude and for you would be 52. on other side elevation, which is 90-latitude (90-52) which for you is 38 (I'm the same lat as you 52north).
For the SG2100 motor the dish angle is 40-declination angle for 52north which is 7.47degrees, hence dish angle should be 40-7.47= 32.52.
These are the readings that I use with a SG2100 motor and 85cm dish and I am at 52north and 1east.
If your pole is "dead plumb" and the dish centre line runs through the centre line on the motor support arm then drive the dish to 1 west and slowly swing the dish and rotor locked together until you get a signal. Nip up the bolts and try a small adjustment in elevation. when you have the maximum signal level, I use BBC world on that satellite, tighten up all the nuts making sure that the signal level does not drop. you should be AOK for all the other satellites that are viewable from your location.
If you want to get rid of the analogue on the Technomate leave out the analogue loopthrough, the receiver will still log the transmission but you will not get a picture.
GMBP:)
PS if your motor is similar to the STAB your dish elevation will be about 22-23 degrees.
The Technomate software is usually out of date and you might have to manually input TP info into your receiver.
Cheers GMBP:)

kb91058

Reaction score
I've been away for a few days but had another go this morning.

This time I was able to get Hispasat.

Thanks for your help.