email virus

G

guest user

hi i think these emails are viruses but i just got a email from j5pc@aol.com and something@beeb.net and they both had zip files saying to look im them for my details but not alot of people know my email address but anyway i havnt opened the zip files but i opend the email in outlook but does this mean i have to re-install windoze?

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Don't open anything you aren't happy with modern. Just delete them. They could just be speculative to see if the address they have used is real (Obviously yours is but they may not know that). If they contained a virus your anti-virus software would have told you. (You do have protection I take it). You certainly don't need to reload windows.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
An additional point to my note above is that, apparantly, the Sobig.E virus is being sent via email in a Zip file, so take care.