Emitor Satlook Color HD

moojuice

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AZBox Premium HD+, Fortec Star FS-4200, Comag SL30/12,
Triax TD110 dish, Jaeger99 motor (modified for inclination - 12" superjack), AzureWave AD-SP400 PCI card (Twinhan thing), Satlook Colour HD meter
My Location
Southampton, UK
Well Ive just purchased one of these meters a couple of weeks ago now and Im quite impressed with it. (And so I should be, given the price!) An Ebay jobbie from creativesat. Incidentally, if you call creativesat, their phone price is higher than their web price, which in turn is higher than their ebay store price. I asked if they could honor the ebay price on the phone but they wouldnt. Very strange!

Anyway, its proving handy for feedhunting and dish tweeking. I have been called a bus conductor though, with it slung around my neck. One return to town please!

I did find a couple of bugs in the firmware, involving not seeing certain channels on a transponder that are free to air. Another bug was where the LCD display corrupted and was only cured on a reboot. The other oddity was a strange ghostly inteference pattern in the black background of the spectrum screen. Doesnt detract from the functionality, but I was suprised to see it. Ive emailed Emitor but as yet have had no reply. Even so, its still a cracking meter, if a little quirky! :)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Emitor are pretty quick in returning emails.

moojuice

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD110 dish, Jaeger99 motor (modified for inclination - 12" superjack), AzureWave AD-SP400 PCI card (Twinhan thing), Satlook Colour HD meter
My Location
Southampton, UK
I'll give them a chase up then. They certainly replied back quick enough when I asked about who sold their product in the UK!

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
The screen on mine went a little weird similar to what your describing, when I plugged it into a customers faulty LNB the other day, but it then flagged up LNB Overcurrent and that requires a reset to clear it.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
moojuice said:
I did find a couple of bugs in the firmware, involving not seeing certain channels on a transponder that are free to air.
That's a problem in the NIT table, not with the meter. 12480V on Astra 2, for example, doesn't show C4.

What was the price you paid?

moojuice

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southampton, UK
Well I found that ITV3 wouldnt show up. But my azbox can, loud and clear from the same LNB. Also Ive tried 2 different LNBs now, both an MTI supremeline and my new Inverto Black ultra. No shorts in the cable or issues with the LNBs.

As for price.... £899 on creativesat's ebay shop.