EMu Setup help please

ginoworm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000
My Location
uk
HI all,

FIrstly what a great forum, got myslef a dreambox 7000 mk4 a couple of weeks ago, had it connected to the sly feed runnung gemini 3.10 with newcamd 6.10b.

Sly card in top slot works a treat, anyhow fitting my 85cm clear dish at the weekend so in anticipation started messing with other images and emus.

OMG, it is so weird, same emus and setups i cant get working on different images.

I idealy want flubber the sequel working with GBOx so i can get onto a CS server, but i cant get Gbox to work, not even newcamd 6.10b, i can get 5.28 to work but is very choppy.

So guys, ive read stickys and searched for the past couple of weeks but am struggling.

Back in my dbox2 cable days you could d/l imagaes allready compiled with keys etc rather easily, cant seem to find any pre compiled imagaes with emu's allready installed.

Is there any decent Gbox setup guides? and where is that ellusive hacked cardserver file, cant find anywhere, the one mentioned in the sticky.

I havent posted before as i didnt have the full setup and was reading up, hopefully as im normally quite quick to pick these things up i can start contributing to this board.

One more thing, ;)

can you get VDR for the dreambox?

I spent what seemed like a lifetime getting a cable VDR box working on an activy 300 base unit and felt quite proud, wondered if it was possible on a DM7000?

Never had a sat setup before, always cable so now starting form being a newbie again :)

Please dont flame as i will be sticking around.

Thanks

dago

Reaction score
wellcome m8. you should get yourself a usb stick for the box, if you are going
to use it for sly and othe sats, I sugest you give colleseum image a go, sly
works strait out of the box, camsbs can be download via the net and gbox
can be installed via the blue button,,
good luck.

regards.:D

ginoworm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000
My Location
uk
Thanks for the quick reply, ive got a CF card and have been multi booting with flashpro, i tried that image but no joy.

That was last week though so i may have been doing somthing wrong, i didnt notice being able to d/l gbox through blue button though.

THe web emu config editor was a nice touch.

McDude

Reaction score
gbox can be a bit of a ba*ta*d to get going

Make sure you have:

gbox_cfg in var/keys folder

gbox in var/bin

gbox_cam.sh in var/script

Set attributes to 755 for the last 2.

Restart. Check if it works on one of the via 2.3 channels like mezzo or one of the swiss SRG channels on hotbird. You will also need the via file in the keys folder for this.

For CS you will need a good ignore list, an ident info and cwshare file

ginoworm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000
My Location
uk
thanks guys, cant wait to get my dish up tomorrow to have a play with 13 and 19 east.

Played with alot of different images and emus last night, i must admit the collosium image was the best so far now i have started getting the config files right.

I put on a neutrino image but was unable to find a decent addon for it, only had about five items, not like the enigmas with:

cam
cam config
pluggin
expert pluggins
etc

is there a good addon url for neutrino i can enter?

I want to get the hang of most emus and images so i am prepared if a kick ass image comes out.