Paul_HU

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD
PC: Windows 10
My Location
Hungary
Hi,

I got a problem with the new Gemini image (I have a 5620). The basic features are fine, so far this is the most stable image I've ever tried. (Unlike Hydra). When I download and install emus, the emus don't start at all. The information box says like: Stopping Common Interface Starting camd_3780 but nothing happens then. I checked the running programs after telneting the box with the ps command, camd_3780 didn't run. I tried other emus, same result. If I write the command exec /var/bin/camd_3780 it starts running and then keeps running whatever I do. Only rebooting stops the emu then. Since I don't know c language I don't know whether there is a problem in the sh scripts (/var/script/camd_3780.sh).

Has anyone tried this image and it worked for him? I'd appreciate any suggestion.

Paul_HU

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Paul_HU said:
Has anyone tried this image and it worked for him? I'd appreciate any suggestion.

Click on properties for each file when uploaded and change attributes to 755

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hi Paul
Works fine here, 5620 with Gemini. Did you flash erase after installing? If you can't get it going, then start from new and flash the Gemini again and try again.

Generally, if you flash the image with flashwizardpro, you should be ok. If you download the cams and keys etc from the blue panel you don"t need to do anything else, no telnetting etc or changing the properties.

It is a very good image by the way, I am pretty happy with it.

Paul_HU

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD
PC: Windows 10
My Location
Hungary
T_G said:
Hi Paul
Works fine here, 5620 with Gemini. Did you flash erase after installing? If you can't get it going, then start from new and flash the Gemini again and try again.

Generally, if you flash the image with flashwizardpro, you should be ok. If you download the cams and keys etc from the blue panel you don"t need to do anything else, no telnetting etc or changing the properties.

It is a very good image by the way, I am pretty happy with it.

Hi,

I usually use Flashwizardpro. So far there was no problem with it. Regarding Gemini, first I flashed Pli image but I didn't really like it - when I want to turn on the teletext of Duna TV it restarts Enigma - then I wanted to try the latest Neutrino. Well, that shocked me a bit it was so different from the usual images. And then I put back Gemini. I don't know why it works perfectly now. Emus start and stop as they have to. Thanks for helping!
Paul_HU