Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
After months of trying, reading the guides and threads I still haven't mastered the art of manually loading EMUs, KEYs, and CONFIG files.

I have been trying to manually load EMUs KEYs and CONFIG files into the Gemini image. The tar.bz2 files work great everytime. But if I get a zip file and try FTPing the corresponding files into the var/key, var/bin & var/etc folders and change the attributes to 755 it doesn't work.

The way I'm checking it is with a fresh image each time firstly with the tar.bz2 files from IHAD and then with the zip files from DBworld. The files in the folders are different.

In fact if you compare what is in the zip file from DBworld it doesn't correspond with the files in the EMU table. Not all the *.bin files are in the zip file and the *.conf file is also missing.
And if you try manually loading key files from mary, sin or trinity there different again.

The only way I can get it to work by using zip files is piecing it together from DBworld, mary and trinity but surely this isn't the way.

A confused DB7020 owner

redmart

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
DB 8000 HD - Manhattan 100HH -1m LH dish
<Network>Wireless to Cisco 857 router <Software>
Nabilosat Dream Elite v133B
My Location
Ireland
I'm very new to this Dreambox lark but not sure why you are manually downloading with Gemini 220. I just used the blue key to download newcamd-beta 6.0.3 plus the keys and it worked first time. It even clears ITV and CH4 with my FTV card in the top slot. Not sure what I'm missing with other CAMs but newcamd seems excellent.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
If you want, for whatever reason, to install an emu manually to a gemini image, you need the corresponding script to get it working. Regards.

Fransuoa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hotbird 13
My Location
uk
whatsthis said:
After months of trying, reading the guides and threads I still haven't mastered the art of manually loading EMUs, KEYs, and CONFIG files.

I have been trying to manually load EMUs KEYs and CONFIG files into the Gemini image. The tar.bz2 files work great everytime. But if I get a zip file and try FTPing the corresponding files into the var/key, var/bin & var/etc folders and change the attributes to 755 it doesn't work.

The way I'm checking it is with a fresh image each time firstly with the tar.bz2 files from IHAD and then with the zip files from DBworld. The files in the folders are different.

In fact if you compare what is in the zip file from DBworld it doesn't correspond with the files in the EMU table. Not all the *.bin files are in the zip file and the *.conf file is also missing.
And if you try manually loading key files from mary, sin or trinity there different again.

The only way I can get it to work by using zip files is piecing it together from DBworld, mary and trinity but surely this isn't the way.

A confused DB7020 owner

the blue key does it all for you

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Forgot to say - no internet where I live.

PCD what is the corresponding script ? Is this the config files (camd3.conf and camd3.config) which go into the var/keys folder.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
whatsthis said:
Forgot to say - no internet where I live.

PCD what is the corresponding script ? Is this the config files (camd3.conf and camd3.config) which go into the var/keys folder.

No. Look in here :-

h**p://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=49024

You need to run the script to get the emu name in the blue panel list (for the gemini image). Otherwise the emu cannot be activated. The script in the above thread is ok for most emus except for Newcamd 6.03. I shall post the script for this soon. Regards, pcd.

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Thanks PCD

I had read this before but now I understand it.

Shall have a go next time I try a new cam.

redmart

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
It appears that we can't download via the blue button anymore because the Gemini website has been taken down. I guess we will all have to learn the manual way. I did think the blue button was too good to last. Maybe other images have built in downloading.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
The latest Gemini image (2.40) has no built-in emus but they can easily be added to your Dreambox using IHAD Manager 2.5 (although most of the other Manager functions don't work with 2.4 and I had no luck with DCC or Manager 3.0).

I guess this is with an eye to litigation.

redmart

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
The IHAD site is back up so Gemini is downloading again. Gemini 2.4 seems much the same as 2.2 and I installed 6.0.3 newcamd. The download keys are old 10/6 so it might be useful to know how to update them manually. DCC and FWP RC1 are working fine with Gemini 2.4 for me.

marty01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020 learning
My Location
ireland
redmart said:
The IHAD site is back up so Gemini is downloading again. Gemini 2.4 seems much the same as 2.2 and I installed 6.0.3 newcamd. The download keys are old 10/6 so it might be useful to know how to update them manually. DCC and FWP RC1 are working fine with Gemini 2.4 for me.

Hi have now got this image on was using 2.2 but still cannot seem to revieve taqu or Vid on Dem and all the usual extras any thoughts

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
marty01 said:
Hi have now got this image on was using 2.2 but still cannot seem to revieve taqu or Vid on Dem and all the usual extras any thoughts

Should be able to see vid on demand with newcamd and camd3. No taquilla though.