Encryption, EMU's, Plugins

ecallawevad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dREAMBOX 600 PVR RUNNING GEMINI
My Location
uk
Im a newbie to all this and bought a DM00pvr last week. I spend 4 days messing around until I managed to descramble some of the channels on Hotbird.
I am using a Gemini image with CCCam Emu Plugin. My question is about the different types of encryption such as VideoGuard, ViaAccess, Nagra, etc.
Do I need to use a different EMU for each type of encryption? or Can CCcam do everything?
If I need a different EMU for each type and install all of them from Gemini's Plugins download, then how will my channels know which one to use. On Auto CamD set up you can only choose one EMU Plugin, or am I just more confused now than I wasa coulple of days ago?

Any help, guidence or general banter appreciated and, also Im up for learning how to card share. Got all the networking stuff sorted, can port forward, etc.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
CCCam will open most things currently available.

You can forget anything scrambled in Videoguard (eg Sky UK) - it cant be opened.

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S & 7020s. Technomate 9100 & 1500. Force frontier fixed, Raven 90 fixed, Triax 90 motorised dish. Diablo & dragon cams.
My Location
South West
CCcam will clear and autoupdate Premi*r(19E) & T*S(13E), it will also clear digitv(1W) with up to date keys, there are other bits and pieces, but these are the main packages atm.

Regards,
Ollie

MoD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM600, Gemini 4.20
My Location
Bulgaria
_http://www.dreamboxworld.com/dbw/emu_dream.htm
Here is some useful information about dreambox EMUs available. I personally use MgCamd.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Welcome to the forum Dave :)

Just set CCcam as your default emu; if CCcam can't open the channel it's unlikely that another emu can (although messing around with other emus and adding keys manually to the various files will increase your understanding of the nuts & bolts).

CCcam is also good to read a card e.g. a sky card (sub or FTV) or many of the other subscription cards out there.

ecallawevad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Thanks for the info guys and the warm welcome.
I have another few questions you may be able to help with;
1) What do the letters B I S V N CW ND and CO stand for. Different ones light depending what channel I am on. I guess these are the encryption methods used by a particular channel but what do they stand for?
Does CCcam 2.0.5 support all of these methods? or Do I need at least one other Cam? I was under the impression I could create a table of which Cam's support which letters, but maybe im off track here.

Also has anyone managed to get a Satan key updater working with a DB600PVR?
Im told it will automate key downloads but is better than CCcam Key Updater script.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
B = biss
V= via
N = nagra
ND = NDS

etc. CCcam will open them all, having the correct keys is the important bit.

Can't help you with satanupdater as I use the hacksat plugin

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you have an image that has the blue button control panel, then download CCcam and Satan's Key bundle, plus the updater, or there is an updater mentioned in another thread which works quite well. You need to read the Idiot Guide in the sticky posts.

ecallawevad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Anyone managed to share a card on the 600s pvr. I want to share it to a 500s but I cannot find the cccam.cfg file in te etc folder

cauliflower

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Will update again
My Location
Ireland
you need to d/l it from the blue button