England Blank The Media!

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Just absolutely brilliant!......all they do is stir up sh*t so they can write more stories about the sh*t they created!.....about time they had a swift kick up the bo**ocks :D .....I sincerely hope that England take this approach more often to shut up the ar**oles who just write utter crap about the players and thier families.......Oh wasn't it a shame to hear the press on the news complaining too.....my heart bleeds for them 'NOT'......Football is a better place without thier comments and crap and lets face it what the press know about football you could write on a back of a 1 pence piece!

P.S Worse still....could it be the paparazzi that were really the culprits for Diana's death?......Now they are trying to destroy our beloved football too!
Keep up the good work England don't utter a single word to the press as your performance is judged by all what you do on the field.....not by LIARS!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I agree, there were a couple of tabloid journos on Sky news, accusing the players of throwing a hissy fit and being childish, talk about people in glass houses.

The press seem to think that they have a right to say anything they want about anyone and then expect them to cooperate. Well done lads.

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
I'm more inclinded to disagree, I just think they make themselves look like children. Blanking the media does too things which in my opinion dont make them look good.

Firstly blanking the media is biting the hand that feeds you, the media is where most of their money comes from, ok maybe blanking the media gets you more publicity in the long run but one day maybe the media might just say screw you punks why the hell should we offer you so much support.

Anyway my second point is the main one, by blanking the media you arent really blanking SkySports or BBC you are blanking the fans, which just isnt on. For all the money they get paid I dont think that the should ever have anything to complain about.

Anyways thats my thoughts.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
My point is that the players are not there to get paid, they are there to represent their country, to proudly pull on the shirt and do their best, so it's not about money.

I think the media should go f%#@ themselves. I can't believe how much power they have. They can (and regularly do) change the course of history, as opposed to reporting on it. Now that IS about money :)

Just my opinion!

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
Thats true actually what you are saying, I think that people playing for their countries should actually play for nothing, just do it to have the honour of representing their homelands at such a high level.

Though I dont really see that happening.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think that David Beckham made some valid points earlier this year when he refused to cooperate with a couple of the tabloids. His points were:

They said that i was a bad father.
They said that Victoria was a bad mother.
They actively tried to destroy my marriage.

Why would I want to talk to them, would you under similar circumstances. ?

The players are not saying that they will never talk to the media, they were making a point that the media do not control the game, they report on it. The media have far too much power these days and as Stick says, they very often make their own news which is not what they are there for.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
damhy said:
I'm more inclinded to disagree, I just think they make themselves look like children. Blanking the media does too things which in my opinion dont make them look good.

Firstly blanking the media is biting the hand that feeds you, the media is where most of their money comes from, ok maybe blanking the media gets you more publicity in the long run but one day maybe the media might just say screw you punks why the hell should we offer you so much support.

Anyway my second point is the main one, by blanking the media you arent really blanking SkySports or BBC you are blanking the fans, which just isnt on. For all the money they get paid I dont think that the should ever have anything to complain about.

Anyways thats my thoughts.

I think there is line Damhy between the media and the tabloids..........most tabloids just invent over the top stories to sell papers for the idiots that read and believe them........the media will provide the truth......but the way the truth is edited is done in a way so the public interpret it different, to create mixed speculation and new stories for the gutter press to latch onto like a disease !

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
waverider said:
I think there is line Damhy between the media and the tabloids..........most tabloids just invent over the top stories to sell papers for the idiots that read and believe them........
True but at the end of the day is that any fault of the media. They only want to sell what people want to hear and will pay out money to find out more about. Their aim is to make money and they will print anything that sells.

The only way to stop it, is to get rid of the customer base, and how are you gonna do that? The media will beat a few stubborn footy players acting like children. If there is no truth in what they print then where's the harm in it for the actual people involved, they should be able to take it all with a pinch of salt, since they know best what the papers are like. Yesterdays news is normally forgotten pretty quickly, and making a big scene about things is only going to inspire the papers to get revenge.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Oh yeah another thing I would like to add while on me soap box.......my youngest son of 19 has the unfortunate disability of being a Sun reader.....the other day he showed me all the crap that was printed on David James.....there was also a statement published because of a 95% vote, in a recent pole they held in their toilet paper......it resulted in Sven being influenced and axing DJ!........What utter crap and B***ocks that was!.....to imply that Sven had hit the gutter by being a Sun reader and took notice of what they said!............My personal feelings on the slimey little pork like featured pratts involved with the lies that they print, should be strung up by the neck from a crossbar......and let the likes of Lampard practice 30 yard driven strikes at em.......Only then might I be tempted to buy a paper to laugh and gloat at the pictures of these weasels receiving s**t which they seem to be so fond of dishing out ! :D

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Took the words right out of my mouth Wavvy.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Rob said:
Took the words right out of my mouth Wavvy.

LOL......sorry Rob but in my mind the press = scum that I wouldn't p*ss on if the were lying in the gutter on fire m8 :D

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
System1..
Channel Master 1.8m with CM Feedhorn AZ/EL Mount. MTI AP82-TW 0.6dB LNB. Thomson Sky HD Decoder
System2..
Internet TV... Sweden's Telia Broadband service.
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
Here, here...I support the players 100%...I hope the players continue this blackout as to stop fuelling the rags and shit newsrooms with stuff to invent. This will stop the press inventing anything, thus enabling their sales to go down, and therefore making them realise they cant print that crap anymore.

Why cant they praise the players and coaching staff for getting a credible draw away and then beating Poland away? Even 2 draws away is good as far as I am concerned. The stuff they have written about Sven, Beckham, James ect is bang out of order. Private lives are 'private'...We should only be interrested what goes on on the pitch. )(-red

newbie123

Reaction score
Lets get one thing straight here, the Beckhams have used the media for publicity since they got married. I dont care for either them or their private life but it is unrealistic to think that the things that DB has gotten up to would not make the news. Whether we like it or not some people want to hear gossip and speculation, however true or untrue, on the back and front pages of the papers.

I dont buy any papers, i do agree that they print what they like [tabloids mostly], half truths and innuendo as i was on the receiving end myself once. I cant speak for anyone else, but i would like more mature coverage and analysis of sporting events meaning i dont just want to know what happened and who was to blame, but why things happened. It was refreshing to see referee mark halsey explain his decisions even though i disagreed with his reasoning and some of his decisions.

If anyone is into american sports they will understand what i mean, they analyse everything but at least you get more understanding. One last point, i missed all the coverage of David James in the papers, was it really that personal? He is a crap keeper but he would not deserve that type of treatment, no one does.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Think "crap keeper" is a bit strong after all is that any different from the treatment he is getting off the tabloids. After all we do not have that many goalkeepers to pick from in the first place.
And as you say no one deserves that sort of treatment, and the things that were said about Graham Taylor, Bobby Robson and other England managers were sickening.
These people have families and should not be subjected to this rubbish, because it will get to the stage that no one will want the job.
Still the answer is in our hands, don't buy the rubbish or at least complain about it.
As for me I read "The Times" (bit posh for an Essex lad I know) but good news, and also a very good and fair sports section.

Anyone with any complaints can always give the Sun a call at
giveusayell@the-sun.co.uk

newbie123

Reaction score
Hi Rob, i agree with most of what you wrote, i think as football fans we should reserve the right to critiscise players if we thin they are not good enough. It is about opinions after all. I have thought for a long time that James has concentration problems and is prone to errors. I like Paul Robinson, i am a spurs fan though, but i think it was time to change, and i had more respect for Sven for making a footballing decision.

The problem of critiscism comes when it gets personal, like with graham taylor. call them bad managers but thats as far as it should go.

Talking of papers i had to buy one for the first time in years today, gardener needed it to start a fire, was going to get the sun but it ran out! so i had to buy the mail instead, makes for a good fire!

newbie123

Reaction score
Hi Rob, i agree with most of what you say, but i do think that there is nothing wrong with being critical about someone being a bad footballer, as that is just a valid an opinion as those who think james is a good keeper.

I just think that James makes too many game-changing mistakes, which is ok at club level but not higher than that. I think Robinson should be given a run in the side, lets face it, we could put a sumo wrestler in goal against the welsh and irish and still win so give young paul his chance.

i think personal criticism is wrong [as happened to graham taylor], but i have a distrust of the printed media anyway and abhor some of the tactics they use. strange how no-one will admit to buying the sun but when i went to thew shop to buy a paper for my gardener to start a fire with - it had sold out! the daily mail makes a great garden fire though!

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Well now that the Sun and the likes have been getting bored....and wondering what to write lies about after their England footy black out......and what with Batman in Buckingham Palace!......They had to DO something to sell more stories!.......Yes the slippery b*stards had to throw a spanner in the works YET AGAIN!.....with the Houses of Parliament..........Just goes to show how well read their comics are, cos if anyone employed in the House purchased their slimey rag.......they would have read what the Sun was upto!.......But then again any decent self respecting person in politics would normally buy the Times etc. as people would asume somone walking into the house with the Sun under their arm would be employed there as a general labourer! :D